2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

Not where I meant to post that... sorry!

Since, I posted something now...for those that have upcoming interviews and are nervous- GW's whole interview experience is great- they cover everything you could need to know about the program. They give you time to interact with first years, second years and faculty. The interviews are those MMIs, which any applicant will tell you we can't tell you about, but it is generally a fun day getting to see the program and Foggy Bottom. Good Luck!

I'll second that sentiment...I had a great experience interviewing at GWU. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! My CASPA and supplemental were confirmed as under review as of 8 Sept. Anyone on a similar timeline? To those going to the approaching interview date, would you mind stating when you applied and when you were invited? I'd love to have a sense of others' timeline so far. Thank you!!

Hello everyone!  My CASPA and supplemental were confirmed as under review as of 8 Sept.  Anyone on a similar timeline?  To those going to the approaching interview date, would you mind stating when you applied and when you were invited?  I'd love to have a sense of others' timeline so far.  Thank you!!

Caspa submitted/verified    20 May 2015

Secondary Received          20 July  2015

Under review                      21  July 2015

Interview invite                    25 Aug 2015

Interviewed                          19 Sept 2015

Now waiting!

Bnpizzano, thank you for your encouragement and kind words. Unfortunately I have not received an interview invitation yet- still waiting also. checking to see if anyone has heard updates on upcoming interview dates and if the interview offers had been communicated yet

Ah I'm sorry, I misinterpreted.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us to hear soon then!

GW's interview day was so well done that I think it is good enough to warrant serious consideration no matter what other programs you are accepted into. 

If you are sure that you want to attend the other program, then just tell GWU that and decline the interview. It's not a big deal if this program isn't the one for you!

On the other hand, if you are still considering programs and may want a different experience- I would look at GW (especially if you were invited for an interview)... They seemed to have thought of everything on the interview day, so I imagine the program is also excellent (it certainly seemed to be). The students were very enthusiastic about the program and I know several area grads and practitioners who said GW students seemed very well prepared on clinical rotations.

I second MT2PA's statement. One or two applicants may get acceptance letters within a week, with a couple more receiving them about a month later. The vast majority will not receive acceptance letters until all interviews are completed, around the end of December. Congratulations to all interviewees, and good luck!

Hey all,

For anyone interviewing on October 17th, feel free to PM me if you need a place to stay the night before and a ride to campus the morning of. I live just down the metro line from GW and can at least offer a couch and a ride to campus :) This process is super expensive and I'm sure hotel prices in DC are ridiculous!

Archived