2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to hear news from Gwu, if you are extended or denied an interview will it show up on your portal? Mine still says under review.

You get an e-mail. I received mine approx. two weeks before the interview date.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who've interviewed already, how helpful/important did you find the social event the evening before?  I'm interviewing next Saturday, but I'm coming from out of town and the timing of the social event (which they just told us is 6-8) is pretty challenging for me. Best case scenario, I could maybe get there just after 7 (but I'd have to leave work early to do that, and the nature of my current job makes that problematic on short notice). I'm thinking of skipping the social and just getting to DC later that night, ready to go for Saturday - just wondering if anyone really felt the social at GWU was an important part of their experience?

I've only been to one pre-interview-day-social before - it was nice, but I really only got to talk to one or 2 current students so I wouldn't have felt like I was missing out if I hadn't been able to attend. I'm thinking I'll skip this one, but just wanted to see what others who've already interviewed at GWU think. 

Thanks!

Helpful, but not vital.  I actually had a hard time conversing with the students because the venue was a very noisy bar.  Plus was there were a lot of students there so no problems having conversations with different people.  I think GW's interview day was the most thorough I went to so you should get most of your questions answered then.  They had both first AND second year student panels for us and really put a lot of thought and effort into presenting their program to perspectives. 

I second julieping about the social and the interview. You will be one of up to 60 interviewees there, with only a few current students, and at a noisy chaotic venue. I didn't find it very helpful except it was nice to see some familiar faces in the morning, but that's just my take. No one will notice if you're there or not there (or if you're late), so don't worry about that and just do what you think is best. The interview day itself was extremely thorough and enjoyable, so have fun!

PS - I was offered admission after the 10/31 interview and declined, so that's one more spot open for everyone :) good luck!

Archived