MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I've been checking out this forum since last application cycle. I applied this year, primary site Spokane. I submitted all my docs and both the CASPA and the supplemental application before the SEP 1st deadline. I've received one email after submitting my DD214 stating, "we will be getting back to you very shortly", checking my email multiple times a day at this point. So I'm also in the waiting game. As you all have said this is the worst part. Anyone get selected for the spokane class last year? If so, I'm curious as to what month they did the interviews for that. If I get selected for an interview I also would love to meet up the night before for coffee to calm the nerves.

Best of luck to everyone.

Cheers

The wait is the worst! I got the same cryptic email saying I'd hear back soon a few weeks ago.

I applied to Spokane too. You going for the masters or bachelors program? If we both are lucky enough to get interviews I'd love to meet up before hand to kinda know someone else going into the interview!

Ok, everyone. Calm down, it's gonna be ok! :-) First of all, my experience from last year says that Seattle is usually the first site to release interview dates. I interviewed the first Seattle day and we kicked off the interview season. So if you haven't heard and you applied primarily to a satellite site, take a deep breath and keep on keepin' on. And if you haven't heard and you're from the Seattle site, take a deep breath anyway, because they run interviews once a month from now through February. Plenty of time still, and if it's one thing I wished I could have taken back about my application cycle last year, it was the personal amount of stress I CREATED for myself.

That being said, congrats on the interviews!! Very exciting to know the process is starting up, and do let me know when you get yourselves organized if you'd be interested in meeting up with a couple of current first years.

My interview group had about 30 ish in it. Seattle only. And we had about...ten acceptances I think? The odds are not something to concentrate on right now, though, because MEDEX works in mysterious ways. They are building a cohort now, brick by brick, and it's an organic process.

No matter what, congratulations if you got an interview and feel free to ask questions of me. If you haven't heard, stay strong. Plenty of time, and it doesn't mean they like you less or anything. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm another first year current student. About to finish Seattle and head to Spokane. Happy to help answer questions. Historically it seems you get around 2-3 weeks notice for your interview.

Hey Siskiyoufire,

I'm a MEDEX candidate, and just received an invitation for an interview this month.  Do you have any advice on some of the questions they might ask?  Also, what do you appreciate most about the MEDEX program?  

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I received an invitation to interview on September 30th. I'll be coming from Montana. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey there,

I'm also originally from Montana, and interviewing on September 30th. What a coincidence.  Congratulations!  I'd love to meet up with people the evening before if you're interested.

The questions MEDEX asks is unique. We cannot give specifics but I can say the most important advice I can give is BE YOURSELF. They can spot a fake a mile away as well as a rehearsed answer. What I did was google "most common PA school questions" and set up a few mock interviews. The mock interviews really helped get my nerves settled. Put your best self forward and knock it out if the park!

Hey Siskiyoufire,

I'm a MEDEX candidate, and just received an invitation for an interview this month. Do you have any advice on some of the questions they might ask? Also, what do you appreciate most about the MEDEX program?

Thanks!

The MEDEX interview is based off of the Peace Corps model. Two interviews with groups of three interviewees. You can google sample questions online. This information came from a recent information session at MEDEX.

They also said they want you to have knowledge of the PA profession in general. (History, prescription rights, licensing requirements....)

I applied for the Tacoma program, and I got my "all received" on 8/15.  I would love to get together with current students and applicants if I get an interview!  Thank you to all the current students for giving us all this support and information.  It speaks well for the program that you are willing to come on here and do this!

Hey gang,

I submitted my medex supplemental and CASPA on the 28th of August. I--immediately--received a confirmation email from medex saying they received my supplemental application and caspa shows my application as "verified".

How long should it take for me to receive another email from medex saying that my application is being forwarded for further review?? Or just any further correspondence from medex in general?

This is my first year applying so I'm trying to get all the information I can

Thanks in advance.

Hey gang,

I submitted my medex supplemental and CASPA on the 28th of August. I--immediately--received a confirmation email from medex saying they received my supplemental application and caspa shows my application as "verified".

How long should it take for me to receive another email from medex saying that my application is being forwarded for further review?? Or just any further correspondence from medex in general?

This is my first year applying so I'm trying to get all the information I can

Thanks in advance.

It largely depends on where you are in the stack of submitted applications. You can always call or email if you're feeling anxious. The staff is lovely and patient and they know what it's like to play this waiting game, so they are happy to check for you.

From last year, I submitted in April, waited forever, got Several emails in June/July, and was selected to the interview in the middle of August.

I checked several times during that period to make sure things were processing appropriately.

Good luck! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations afailise and rtm! Which site did you guys apply for? They contact you via email or mail?

I was contacted via e-mail for the interview invite, stating that I would be interviewing for the Seattle class. I indicated I would go to either location though. 

I submitted my secondary on August 31st and received an email September 5th saying that my application was forwarded to the faculty review process. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I was told the process for applications is as follows;

Submit CASPA and Supplemental applications, this triggers the review to see if you meet the minimums. Then it gets forwarded to your site.

Two faculty members at your site review your application (grades, essays, and other compensating factors), blindly, they do not know your name when reviewing. If both facility members give your app a thumbs up then your package goes back to Seattle, or to someone else in Seattle if that's your site. Then MEDEX will make the final determination on who will get the interview. That was the gist from the information session. Let me know if anyone has better information, I will gladly edit my post.

I think that if faculty at your site thinks your a good fit than the final review from Seattle won't override the site  faculty but that is my opinion, NO ONE with any say has ever said this so lets keep facts, facts.

So I shouldn't be worried that I haven't heard anything since turning in my app on August 28th?[/

I wouldn't stress it. The 28th is a Thursday that was right before a long weekend with labor day falling the next Monday and very close to the September 1st early deadline which again was the holiday. I also submitted on the 28th and I think we will hear something this week but it will just be the general email saying that we fit the mold and for our apps to be pushed onto our site faculty for review.

I'm in Alaska so our interview date is not until December 6th this year, my guess is I won't hear anything for a bit after the initial email.

December 6th is the only interview date for Anchorage. If you are selected for an interview and can't make the December interview than you would attend the January interview at the Seattle campus at your own expense.

The Anchorage site started to review applications about a month ago and have not sent any interview invites out yet. They told me that would happen at least 3 weeks before December 6th but possibly sooner.
Last years class heard in late October if they got an interview.

Archived