How did you celebrate when you got accepted into PA school?

I found out on a Friday afternoon....I got THAT phone call. I remember I couldn't sit down for about 2hrs, I think now they call it the happy dance. Because it was a Friday, no one was home, everyone here goes out on a Friday so I didn't have anyone to tell right away. Most people I know didn't find out about it until the weekend or the following week, by that time a lot of the happy adrenaline rush was gone, replaced with a constant smile. It's always wonderful news b/c your life is going to change forever, for the better. There are a lot of "things" you have to get in order though, so you're going to find yourself very busy even b/f school starts.

Hugged my girlfriend, said a prayer and got back on I40, was driving through Albuquerque in a blizzard on my way back to California. The payer was for the blizzard driving and not for getting in lol. Here I am a little over a year later saying another prayer, that's to get through the next 6 weeks of school then a week off. Where did the time go?

Awww, I love how you guys remembered your exact time and place! Just getting the interview email, I was trembling like a leaf and even cried a little.... and the first person in front of me I had to tell, and that was a random guy I didn't even know!!! I hope if I do get in I can quickly plan a super random vacation before I start the major budgeting!

For my first acceptance I was happy but not super duper excited because my first choice was still deciding and my second choice had me on the waitlist...my third choice said yes. Now my first choice postponed decision making twice which put me on edge because it was time to pay my deposit for my 3 rd choice. The day my first choice was finally suppose to decide I checked my email every 10 minutes and my phone. By 5:30 I was convinced that I was not chosen for my first choice and called my third choice and gave them my CC info for the deposit and wa spreparing my life to move up north. 15 minutes later I received a call and when I saw the area code I thought it was a friend of mine and then when I heard a females voice I was thinking "is this about a CC payment...I just made it". When she introduced herself I squealed like a pig and did a happy dance outside in front of Office Depot! Immediately after I got off the phone I group texted 40 people in my phone (including my boss) to let them know.

I havent officially celebrated but the plan is to have a going away party the night before I leave

I was in the middle of a 3 day stretch for 2 interviews that included driving southwest through New England to Pennsylvania and then back in the opposite direction to Maine. It was a Friday and we were told we would receive phone calls if we were accepted. I checked my phone all day during my trip to Maine. I made it to my wife's uncle's house and was getting ready for a meet & greet at a school that evening. It was 5:30pm and I had pretty much come to terms with the fact that I had not been accepted by my first choice. As I was walking out the door my phone rang and it was my wife. She was hysterical, screaming/crying into the phone, I thought someone had broken into the house. She came home from work to a message they had left on our answering machine. It was amazing, I did a happy dance, went to the meet & greet, and then to the interview the next morning (needed to keep my options open and they would have never filled my spot with less than 16 hours notice). That interview the next morning was the most relaxed interview I had ever been in. When I got back home on Saturday night, my wife and friends were waiting with a bottle of champagne and cake and the celebration began!

I found out about my first acceptance (which became my first choice at my interview) while driving home after 2 other interviews from Philadelphia back to Ohio. I actually got a cryptic email from admissions that they had some news for me. So, I immediately called them, and I got my happy news! I did a little happy dance in the car and made phone calls to family and friends. I was super excited to here back so fast...interviewed Oct 1 and got the news on Oct 6. :)

We were told that a phone call may come in the week immediately before Xmas. I was in the middle of transporting a 12 year old boy for knee pain in the ambulance. He was rocking out to his own iPod when my phone rang. He looked at my phone, looked at me, I saw the area code, looked at him....I had to ask.."Mind if I take this?" "I don't care" was his reply. So some random 12 year old boy was the first person to learn that I was accepted. Not quite how I envisioned it, but I didn't care. I was just happy it all worked out. Celebration wise it was a few days before Xmas...it was just a long fun week of all sorts of celebrations.

I love these stories!

I got my call while at work. My phone vibrated in my scrub pocket, and because I was gloved and working with a patient I could not answer it right away. As soon as I washed my hands and left the room I glanced at my phone and saw the area code. My interview group was told that we would be called within three weeks if we got in. I ran out to the parking lot and called back, spoke with the admissions coordinator and got the great news. It was three weeks to the day of my interview, and here I was being told that I had been accepted. I literally ran up and down the parking lot. The first person I called was my husband! That was the extent of my celebration.

I had gotten up at 245AM to go to the airport for my third interview of the season, the week before Thanksgiving; my husband travels as part of his job, so I was on the early flight so I could ride with him to the airport. After arriving and checking in to my hotel, I had gone to a cool little steakhouse, had a nice lunch and was just lying down to take a nap. I was so exhausted, I almost did answer the phone - the area code could have been any one of my friends wishing me luck in my coming interview. Just after the second ring, my foggy brain alerted to the fact that a friend's name and picture would appear with the number... So I answered and got one of the best phone calls of my life!!!

I knew that at that point in the afternoon, there was no way the program where I was interviewing could fill my spot, and felt it inappropriate to cancel at that point or be a no-show. I spent the rest of the afternoon calling my husband, friends, and family members. Needless to say, I had a tough time concentrating during my interview the next day, but I didn't care!

Must have been weird to get the notice while going to an interview. Luckily with my first acceptance they notified me before I bought my ticket. I called the Monday after my inetrview and explained that I would like to know either way so I could decide if I would attend my next interview which was THAT friday. I received a call that Tuesday night telling me I was accepted....saved me ticket money and a hotel plus I found out in enough time to let the program know.

Strangest feeling ever is to call a program to tell them you are declining a seat. I almost felt bad...I mean I know that opened up a seat for another person but still....just felt weird

Oooooh this day was fab haha. The day I got my call I had had a physical therapy appointment scheduled for 3:00PM that day. I was exhausted and rescheduled for 3:00PM the next day. Good thing, too, because they called at 3:02 PM and had I not rescheduled, I'd have missed the call not having my phone on me during PT! I'd still have found out eventually, but I liked being free to receive the original call.

I celebrated immediately with a hug party with my parental units and with texts to my mentors (aka the PA I shadow) and closest friends. That night: dinner and a bit o wine with the fam. That weekend: a great weekend-long hangout session with my best friend (whose birthday it was) and champagne. Rest of my life: more wine, champagne and a career that I am so excited to be a part of. Woooohooooo!

I'm still missing an ice cream/fro yo celebration... Maybe I'll take care of that this week. :)

Guest guthriesm

I was at work and my cell phone rang. I was able to close the office door and made the admissions person repeat the message. It came 2 days after my interview and I was not expecting it- I was told it would be up to 2 weeks before I would hear anything.

I jumped up and did a little happy dance behind the closed door. Then I walked over to my husband's office (he worked about 1 block away) and surprised him with the news. We did a nice hug and then back to work. We did go out to a very nice dinner a couple of months later to celebrate school, finishing up my job, and life in general (bc we can't afford those nice dinners quite so easily now!).

Hard to believe that was only 5 months ago...

Archived