How did you celebrate when you got accepted into PA school?

I got engaged.

Actually, I got the call at work and laughed/cried with joy (it's been a long haul to get here) and everyone hugged me. I called my then-boyfriend and he was thrilled. This was a Wednesday and we agreed to do a date night on Friday. Friday night, he proposed.

SO...I celebrated by making life a little more crazy.

I got engaged.

Actually, I got the call at work and laughed/cried with joy (it's been a long haul to get here) and everyone hugged me. I called my then-boyfriend and he was thrilled. This was a Wednesday and we agreed to do a date night on Friday. Friday night, he proposed.

SO...I celebrated by making life a little more crazy.

Congrats sakura! Nice to hear stories like that...

Unfortunately my then boyfriend (of 4+ years) broke up with me a week after I found out. Don't want to be a downer, but I think it good for others to hear that side too. So, I celebrated....but then it was a bit bittersweet....and now....back to celebrating and moving on and excited. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I was on a half shift at the hospital and our computer system was blocking the entire internet (vs. just the "no-no" sites like YouTube) during a phone system upgrade. One of my patients knew I was waiting to find out, and several of my nurses did as well, so they had laptops or smartphones out on the floor set to the school's website and they were all refreshing for me to see if it would update. I was already on pins and needles and had spent the morning neurotically cleaning my house and couldn't hardly focus at work.

I swear 2 of them found out at the same moment because I heard a squeal at the front desk and then one of my call lights immediately turned on. We had a few seconds of chaos where we thought there was a legitimate emergency before the patient came racing out of their room (IV pole in tow, LOL) shouting that I had gotten in. There were tears and group hugs and a communal happy dance. :)

(This patient had "known" me from multiple visits over the last 2 years, which was why they were so involved that day.)

• 1 month later...

My boyfriend had just left the house after we were talking about me applying for an RT program (to try and get more experience for the next application cycle) I was convinced I wasnt getting in anywhere and had heard nothing from the only school I had interviewed for. Well, right after he walked out the door I checked my email and say the email that changed my life! (thank God I didnt get put on the waiting list)! I immediately called him crying and screaming and praising God for a miracle! LOL

Archived