2014-2015 Cycle

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WELLLLLLL.... I JUST got an email today saying that my application was received by the PA department and that is was now under review. I submitted my application through CASPA on July 31st.... I got an email from the director of admissions that my application had been sent from UTMB admissions to the PA program on Aug 12th and within the last hour I received the message that my application is finally under review by the PA program. Well at least I heard SOMETHING. :) Congrats to everyone who has interviewed and been accepted so far. hopefully I will be joining you soon! :) 

Would any of the people that have already received their acceptance like to share what type of questions were asked during the interview and how you answered? I would greatly appreciate it and I think it would help others as well who don't have a lot of school interviewing experience. Thanks in advance and congrats!

For those who are all asking what the interview experience was like and what we were asked, the reason that you aren't seeing people post about it is because the department asks all who interview to keep their experiences (questions/answers/etc) confidential! In fact, they read these message boards to ensure that interviewees are following through with that request. 

I interviewed August 28 and was accepted the next week, and I will say that something that REALLY helped me prepare for my UTMB interview and subsequent interviews was the book "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Andrew Rodican. It was worth the investment! Good luck, everyone! 

Would any of the people that have already received their acceptance like to share what type of questions were asked during the interview and how you answered? I would greatly appreciate it and I think it would help others as well who don't have a lot of school interviewing experience. Thanks in advance and congrats!

It's really subjective as there are multiple interviewers. I did practice using the book but got questions I never anticipated! Sooo it's subjective and luck plays a role as well! Good Luck!

Congratulations to all that have gotten accepted! I just received an email last week that my application is under review in the PA department. How long did it take to get an interview once you got the email saying your application is under review in the PA department?

I haven't gotten an interview yet but I thought I'd tell you that I received an email stating that my app was sent to the review committee on August 21. Stillllllll waiting!

I haven't gotten an interview yet but I thought I'd tell you that I received an email stating that my app was sent to the review committee on August 21. Stillllllll waiting!

You got an email stating that your application was send to the review committee? Not just the PA department? That's interesting! I guess I've got one more email to go before I can start getting interview emails (hopefully). Crossing my fingers for the both of us! :)

Well if it makes you feel any better., I know someone personally who interviewed at UTMB during last years interviews in December. She did not find out about her interview until the end of November. I guess you can look at it as a good thing from the standpoint that they have a lot of potential interview time left, or as OMG how much longer do I wait? ;) Best of luck to everyone. 

Well if it makes you feel any better., I know someone personally who interviewed at UTMB during last years interviews in December. She did not find out about her interview until the end of November. I guess you can look at it as a good thing from the standpoint that they have a lot of potential interview time left, or as OMG how much longer do I wait? ;) Best of luck to everyone.

That does make me feel better... And as you said wonder about how much longer I have to wait. But you just wait until you don't anymore is what I'm gathering lol.

Archived