2014-2015 Cycle

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those who have interviewed this cycle,

What does the Student panel/Student presentation consist of?  Is it like a Q&A session with current students?  Also when do you meet with the adviser to go over transcripts and how many 1-on-1 interviews are there?

Thanks so much!

Marissa

To those who have interviewed this cycle,

What does the Student panel/Student presentation consist of?  Is it like a Q&A session with current students?  Also when do you meet with the adviser to go over transcripts and how many 1-on-1 interviews are there?

Thanks so much!

Marissa

You meet with the advisor during your 'down' time in between interviews!  There are two 1-on-1 interviews that are 20 minutes each :)  Good luck!

Congratulations! Any advice for those of us that have interviews coming up?

Just be yourself. Relax. Be confident but humble. Ask questions when asked if you have a question for them. During "down time" talk to the current students. Ask them questions about the program and things outside the program. Main thing is to relax. The faculty are very nice. Do your research about the program and the profession. If you can find common ground with the interviewer it can help. Try to make it a conversation rather than a Q and A but at the same time remember not to ramble. Remember you are selling yourself and the program is selling itself too. If you received the interview that means they think that you could be in the program. They are basically testing to see if you can hold a conversation and can think about things under stress and put together a well organized and good answer to the questions. Good luck!

My advice to the rejected applicants would be to apply elsewhere and explore other programs if possible. I've found this program to be extremely picky in their selection criteria. Also being a re-applicant doesn't give you an "edge" or anything. They don't really care.

Another thing is I've found the staff here to be rude compared to other programs but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, the PA programs are extremely difficult to get into and its not the end of the world if you don't  get in. Texas programs are very hard in particular so if you can apply out of state too.

Good luck :)

Archived