• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to hear I'm not the only one seriously stressing. I haven't heard anything new either. My guess is they have already contacted all of the first-choice candidates and we are just waiting for those candidates to accept or decline the offer. Does that sound reasonable to anyone else?

I assume they will notify all first choice this week. They said by the 30th so I bet they will notify everyone on the wait list at that time!

They said during the interviews that people have two weeks to claim their spot in the class by deposit once offered a seat. My guess is, then, that all first choice offers went out last week through Friday, so that those people have two weeks to decide before the deadline of Jan 30th. I predict final offers, including waitlist and rejections, will go out by (or on) the 30th, and then after that point, they will start dipping into the waitlist as prospective students turn down WSU for other programs over the next couple of months.

Of course this is all speculation, as those of us still waiting are left in the dark re: these details.

They told us at interviews on Thursday that nobody had been notified!

We know that isn't true though, right? People have come on here (@tavaughn and @abenton) who had already been called. I also happen to know a handful of current students (close friends) who texted me last Wednesday to tell me several offers had been extended already. Not sure how they would know that, and I have no reason to think WSU is being dishonest, but there appears to be a miscommunication happening somewhere.

Archived