2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

Just starting this thread for the new application cycle.

Good luck to everyone! 

For those who have gotten interviews already:

- Can you share you stats and PCE experience/hours?

- FIrst time or reapplicant?

- When did you submit, application verified and interview request/date? 

On 6/17/2021 at 3:17 PM, Cef1110 said:

Submitted my secondary yesterday and just found out that I was offered an interview!! It’s on 6/29 or 6/30. Anyone else? Best of luck to all of you 🙂

When did you submit on Wednesday? I submitted around 3:30pm and got my confirmation yesterday but haven’t heard anything else 

21 hours ago, ece12 said:

Congratulations! That's such a fast response. This is a random question, but did you also have trouble with the essay formatting on the supplemental? Not sure if its just my computer

Thank you so much!! Yeah it was pretty tricky/kind of annoying because each line had its own separate text box. I just typed everything in Word and did all my editing before I copied and pasted it so I wouldn’t get stuck editing it in the PDF 😅. Best of luck to you!!

2 hours ago, Winsko said:

Also received an interview invite for 6/29 and 6/30! Anyone have insight on format of interview? Also this will be my first interview so any tips are more than welcome!! 

Congrats!! Maybe I’ll see you there (virtually)! I haven’t heard much but according to Reddit it’s supposedly pretty relaxed and enjoyable. I’m bummed we can’t actually go to the campus but it’s for good reason. Also, we interview on both days right? Like 6/29 and 6/30? 

21 hours ago, katef21 said:

When did you submit on Wednesday? I submitted around 3:30pm and got my confirmation yesterday but haven’t heard anything else 

Hey! I submitted 6/16 at like 10 pm haha. I got my confirmation on 6/17 in the morning and then a few hours later got the interview request. Hope this helps and good luck to you!!

On 6/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, Cef1110 said:

Congrats!! Maybe I’ll see you there (virtually)! I haven’t heard much but according to Reddit it’s supposedly pretty relaxed and enjoyable. I’m bummed we can’t actually go to the campus but it’s for good reason. Also, we interview on both days right? Like 6/29 and 6/30? 

Ok great! Yeah that was my interpretation as well, interview on both days. 

Hey everyone! I applied on May 15th, got a secondary June 15th, and got an interview invite  (for June 29 and 30) on June 17th! 🙂

So it moved super quickly. To those mentioning it - yes, the secondary formatting was definitely not great! Using word first makes your life much easier. I hope everyone is having a smooth application cycle! Best of luck!

4 hours ago, almondmilk said:

Hey guys, quick question. When you applied to Cornell on caspa, did you have to match prereqs? It's just showing a screen titled "home" on the program page. No essays, no prereqs to match either.. is this what it was like for you all as well? 

Yeah that's what I had as well. They have the prereq coursework listed on their website if you need a reference. Once you submit CASPA they'll send you the secondary (with very annoying formatting) where they do have a couple essays.