Just got an email that the graduate school has forwarded my application to the PA department today for formal evaluation. Come on interview invites, hurry up!

I got this email around the same time as you...however I still never received a supplemental application....but I also haven't received any form of rejection...I'm not sure what to think.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also received an interview invite. Does anyone have any background they would be willing to share about the program? Pros and cons?

The program is heavily focused on primary care and under-served populations. They require 3 or 4 rural rotations, which means each student will have to live outside of Wichita for at least 3 months of the the 2nd year. They are working to secure more international rotations as well (they have one or two right now), which could serve as one of the "away" rotations.

All of what I just told you could be considered strengths or weaknesses depending on the individual.

I stopped in today around 4, I could only get the receptionist (everyone had already left). She said the first round of invites went out, once they get confirmations on those a second round will go out. She also said everyone will have received a notification by the end of selection (even if it's a no this time around)...ack!

Hi guys! Does anyone mind me asking what the gpa stats were for those who were invited for an interview? I see on their information page for the PA program that the average GPA for applicants is 3.5 and the average gpa for those accepted is 3.6. My overall GPA is 3.48 and I am worried that my GPA is too low for an interview since I have not heard anything yet. I am crossing my fingers for an interview the second time around.

Hi guys! Does anyone mind me asking what the gpa stats were for those who were invited for an interview? I see on their information page for the PA program that the average GPA for applicants is 3.5 and the average gpa for those accepted is 3.6. My overall GPA is 3.48 and I am worried that my GPA is too low for an interview since I have not heard anything yet. I am crossing my fingers for an interview the second time around.

FWIW, I was told by the program director that they accepted a student last cycle with a 3.0 cGPA. They have a relatively holistic review, so I wouldn't worry too much about your GPA.

Archived