Personal Advice . . . I May Regret This

Okay Buddies . . . what should I do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Okay Buddies . . . what should I do?

• Pull the plug and forget the whole thing
    • Find a new bank and start all over
    • Stay with the same bank and keep pushing
    • Sign the lease this week even without a secured loan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've started with a new bank, but found the money I need if all else fails. So I'm moving forward. Tonight I was informed by my attorney that I'm officially incorporated: Pacific Rim Headache Center, PLLC. Big smile here. Tomorrow I'm signing the lease. I will more my discussion about this journey back to my blog so I don't take up precious real estate here. Mike

congrats! i'm debating medical school or physician assistant school at the moment, i already have acceptance to both. you mentioned pas getting blocked in all sorts of areas...does it make you wish you were an md instead? do you regret being a pa? i was very much considering getting into contracting or owning part of a practice...

congrats! i'm debating medical school or physician assistant school at the moment, i already have acceptance to both. you mentioned pas getting blocked in all sorts of areas...does it make you wish you were an md instead? do you regret being a pa? i was very much considering getting into contracting or owning part of a practice...

There are days I wish I was an MD, like when I have to struggle against so many barriers. But, looking at the big picture, I'm very happy being a PA.

browndog...the issue there is np vs pa. the np doesn't have to close shop if the only sp dies...the pa does....

I would agree and add, in this case I don't think there would be any legal grounds for a lawsuit because this bank is not practicing bold faced discrimination. As Eric said, they are deeply concerned that the SP will walk away and I couldn't see patients. That is a real risk. Much of life has to do with weighing risks and taking gambles. I know my new SP well (better than my old SPs whom I've worked with for 8 years) and he is very enthusiastic about this venture. However, he could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I also know the market very well and I know that I would several SPs ready to step up to the plate as soon as I'm solvent. Before then . . . the practice could collapse.

There is also some discrimination and low-balling of the PA profession going on. The bankers can not understand why a patient would want to see a PA if they have the choice of seeing a doctor. This certainly has played into their opinion of not approving the loan . . . but they do have enough legitimate business concerns that it wouldn't hold up in court if I were to try and sue them (which isn't even on my radar).

b

Well, I've started with a new bank, but found the money I need if all else fails. So I'm moving forward. Tonight I was informed by my attorney that I'm officially incorporated: Pacific Rim Headache Center, PLLC. Big smile here. Tomorrow I'm signing the lease. I will more my discussion about this journey back to my blog so I don't take up precious real estate here. Mike

If I know anybody near you that needs your services I'll send them your way!!! Congratulations man!

I would agree and add, in this case I don't think there would be any legal grounds for a lawsuit because this bank is not practicing bold faced discrimination. As Eric said, they are deeply concerned that the SP will walk away and I couldn't see patients. That is a real risk. Much of life has to do with weighing risks and taking gambles. I know my new SP well (better than my old SPs whom I've worked with for 8 years) and he is very enthusiastic about this venture. However, he could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I also know the market very well and I know that I would several SPs ready to step up to the plate as soon as I'm solvent. Before then . . . the practice could collapse.

There is also some discrimination and low-balling of the PA profession going on. The bankers can not understand why a patient would want to see a PA if they have the choice of seeing a doctor. This certainly has played into their opinion of not approving the loan . . . but they do have enough legitimate business concerns that it wouldn't hold up in court if I were to try and sue them (which isn't even on my radar).

b

I wasn't threatening to sue them for you.... LOL. Just have a chat with them. It is amazing what can happen when an attorney calls and asks how they can assist in the process, and stating their clients position while casually mentioning that there is a concern about possible discrimination. My dad's attorney has done this a couple times with truly amazing results. 80% or 90% of the time this results in the other party dropping their "concerns" and dealing fairly like they originally agreed.

Also, worrying that an SP could walk away is like worrying that the health dept. will pull the certification on a restaurant. It is a risk they have to deal with as a bank doing business, and a risk they have taken thousands of times. If your business plan shows you can make money, they really need to just man/woman up and deal with it.

I wasn't threatening to sue them for you.... LOL. Just have a chat with them. It is amazing what can happen when an attorney calls and asks how they can assist in the process, and stating their clients position while casually mentioning that there is a concern about possible discrimination. My dad's attorney has done this a couple times with truly amazing results. 80% or 90% of the time this results in the other party dropping their "concerns" and dealing fairly like they originally agreed.

Also, worrying that an SP could walk away is like worrying that the health dept. will pull the certification on a restaurant. It is a risk they have to deal with as a bank doing business, and a risk they have taken thousands of times. If your business plan shows you can make money, they really need to just man/woman up and deal with it.

I see what you mean. I wish I had a kid brother who was an attorney who make calls like that at a drop of the hat. It would come in handy.

I have to give an update. I spent 38 business days with Wells Fargo Bank trying to get a loan and they still could not commit. I started . . . I think it was Tuesday with Bank of the Pacific . . . I just left a morning meeting with them I GOT THE FREAKIN LOAN!!!!!!! They had no problem with me being a PA. Just they needed someone to explain to them what this was about.

Congratulations, I can take a deep breath again. Everyone here has been walking through this with you. It seems like we take a giant step and then a thread goes up saying a whole state won't recognize PAs. This is the news that keeps pushing us to do better and strive for more. Once again, congrats Mike...you deserve it, you worked for it, you've earned it!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived