Laughable and yet sad job posting

I saw this today, and I laughed out loud at the salary. Really? To offer this to an NP or PA in one of the most expensive cities to live in makes me wonder how out of touch the medical community still is about midlevel practitioners. You can bet no MD would come near this job for that amount of pay. Let me also state that this area of San Fran is difficult to get to, there are no real convenient public transportation services, and parking is a nightmare... we have a long way to go.

http://www.healthright360.org/jobs/167

just watch. it will be gone within a week.....folks do the same thing in NYC...any job to be where they want to be, salary/benefits/autonomy/scope of practice be damned.

I'm so glad that I want to practice in a rural area.  I feel like it will help so much in finding a job that pays appropriately and is right for me.

Yeah, but it says you need to have knowledge of substance abuse, mental health and criminal background. This is the perfect job for PAs who have had all these problems, as long as they have completed their parole requirements. Call me crazy, but I'm gonna light up my medical marijuana joint and go California dreaming. Downloading the application now. Woohoo!

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't see how anyone could live on that salary in San Francisco.  If that's what they pay PAs I wonder how much they pay RNs? I know new grad RNs that make more that here in Los Angeles. 

RNs in SF make 45-70/hr because of the union. It's the highest paid area in the country for RNs. This job is at a non-profit clinic for the underserved, and I frankly doubt they will be able to fill it, unless the person taking the job has a spouse supporting them or something. Most NPs/PAs in SF start out at almost double that starting range.

Look at the type of job.  Looks like a combination of medical care and social work.  I would say that's the reason for low salary moreso/just-as-much-as ignorance of a fair salary.  May be more geared to those who want to work with the indigent, etc.

Hey, I loved working with the indigent -- but never to the point where I wanted to become one of them! That salary gets you close, I think.

I've noticed a downtrend in salaries. Just here on this forum, new grads posting 70k etc. Is it because we are saturating the market? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

it's mostly saturated areas where you see those job offers. I got 70 right out of school almost 20 yrs ago. wouln't take less than 80k today as a new grad unless it was a residency.

I loved all the comments... in response to ventana's, they might be looking for an MA but it doesn't sound like it.

New grad RNs make 48 an hour in northern California. Seasoned RNs make twice as much and more if they can work the system.

I love living in California and can't imagine living anywhere else (basically, I am no good with snow), but to settle for this salary is ridiculous. God forbid a new grad thinks that this is a "great" deal and actually works there for this chicken feed.

Archived