Gen Chem Pre-req Grade and getting into PA school

I have completed my B.S. in Biochemistry with 2000 hours of HCE and a 3.5 GPA from a very respected state school.

However, I received a C- in General Chemistry II class. Will I still be able to get into a school with this C- in gen chem? Some schools' websites do not specify that you need a C or better in Gen Chem to apply, however some obviously do.

So could I apply to the ones who do not specify C or better and have a chance of getting in?

Thanks

Well, it costs to apply to schools in CASPA so I would start by contacting the schools that you are interested in and find out who will allow a C-. My suspicion is that most will not allow a C- for pre-req's. If Chem II is a pre-req to the school(s) you want to attend you may have to retake it. If its not a pre-req then you should be okay based on your GPA. Just be ready in case you're asked about it in an interview. Good luck!

I would retake. Some schools don't accept anything lower than a B-. Just check with the schools. I retook ochem 2 because I received a C-, given it's not a pre-req, I always as a rule of thumb retook any course with a C-. That was my only lowest grade throughout college, retook and got a B+

Archived