Any possible chance of me being accepted to PA program??

Hi everyone,

I really really want to be a physician assistant, but I don't have the most outstanding test scores or grades. I was wondering if you all could give me your opinion on if I have any chance at all of getting into a PA program. My overall GPA was a 3.30 and my science GPA was a 3.27. I took the GRE and got a 155 on verbal, but only a 145 on the quantitative section, and a 4.0 on the writing section. I will have 1,720 hours of healthcare experience working as a CNA by the time I am planning to apply to physician assistant programs. I also have 24 hours of shadowing PAs as experience. Please let me know if you think I have any chance of being accepted into a PA program. Also, if any of you have any recommendations on PA programs that would be best for me to apply to based on my stats I would greatly appreciate that!

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

In comparison to the majority of students being accepted to PA school, your GPA's are on the lower side. But there are people on here who get accepted with those stats. However, they usually have other parts of their application that help compensate for the lower GPA (i.e. great GRE scores, high level PCE, outstanding LOR's). So you can either take more classes to increase your GPA and retake the GRE (or apply to schools that don't require it), or you can continue  working to increase your HCE/PCE hours. In my own personal opinion it sounds like you could be in a great position to apply starting in 2020, but this year could be a stretch. But you can always apply and see what happens if you are willing to spend the $$$$.

Archived