Best Schools on the East Coast with Average Grades

I have 2000 hours of HCE, medical missions work, stellar LOR's/personal statment and a 308 on my GRE-- but my grades are average/sub-par compared to what everyone else seems to be sharing on these forums. I am a new graduate of the University of Illinois (Kinesiology) and I'm re-taking/taking a few classes to boost my science GPA. Does anyone have any suggestions for schools on the East Coast that I could apply to with okay grades? I've already submitted my CASPA (July 6th) and applied to 9 schools, but any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I applied last year to Northwestern, Midwestern DG and AZ, Rosalind Franklin and Rush and was put on a waitlist for an interview at Midwestern in AZ (most likely due to submitting at the end of the cycle) and didn't receive interviews anywhere else (submitted end of July).

My overall is a 3.2 and my science is a 2.8, I applied last year with a 3.3/3.0; but I got a D in biochem and it has left me completely discouraged that I won't get in anywhere because of my grades. I am retaking biochem, taking genetics and psych for the first time, and considering retaking A&P2 to improve both GPAs.

I would retake biochem but I suggest you try to take upper level courses instead of retaking another class. I don't have any recommendations for east coast schools, but as for applying to schools, just make sure you find a few that you would love to go to and you fit all the criteria for and show them how passionate you are. Don't give up, it just make take you a bit longer to get in. Good luck.

Archived