2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

Fitzy: I'm from out of town and haven't yet decided where I'm staying. Been looking into the Hampton area for (hopefully) better rates. 

futrpa1: I've been a lurker too :) I received my invite about a week ago and will be interviewing Saturday morning! Anyone interviewing then? Seems like most here are going Friday morning instead. 

Congrats to everyone who's coming -- I look forward to visiting EVMS and meeting everybody! 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jennifer, I'm thinking of scheduling for Saturday a.m. too. I was so giddy yesterday from learning of the interview, I figured I will schedule this morning.

Just curious, is there a method/reason to most folks on this thread interviewing on Friday morning?

Congrats everyone and looking forward to the next phase of this process!

@Jennifer, I'm thinking of scheduling for Saturday a.m. too. I was so giddy yesterday from learning of the interview, I figured I will schedule this morning.

Just curious, is there a method/reason to most folks on this thread interviewing on Friday morning?

Congrats everyone and looking forward to the next phase of this process!

Honestly, Friday fit best with my schedule and the Saturday morning slot was full when I attempted to register for it.  I believe the interview panel will be looking for the best candidates that fit the program regardless of what day you are scheduled to interview.  I don't see much of an advantage to being morning vs afternoon, Friday vs Monday, etc. as the candidates that stand out could happen any session.  Just my thoughts.

Honestly, Friday fit best with my schedule and the Saturday morning slot was full when I attempted to register for it.  I believe the interview panel will be looking for the best candidates that fit the program regardless of what day you are scheduled to interview.  I don't see much of an advantage to being morning vs afternoon, Friday vs Monday, etc. as the candidates that stand out could happen any session.  Just my thoughts.

Pretty much agree with CStep on this one.  I picked Friday so that I could get it done.  The anticipation of getting to the interview was enough, I don't want to have to wait longer to do the actual interview :p

In all seriousness though, they won't "fill-up" on their selection before the last day.  Just like they did with the application, I'd imagine that they will review each and every single interviewee.  They have a vested interest in their school continuing to be a high rated school with graduates that are very successful.

Again congrats to everyone and good luck on the next step :)

Very much looking forward to meeting people, especially since we will most likely be spending a lot of time together in the next 2 and a half years :p

I agree with the previous two comments. In addition, I believe most of the people on here are the more proactive types and just want to get it done.

On another note, has anyone been through a group interview before? My other school was a one-on-one interview and I'm not sure what to expect out of it.

@bnicole, I'm also staying at the Marriott.

I agree with the previous two comments. In addition, I believe most of the people on here are the more proactive types and just want to get it done.

On another note, has anyone been through a group interview before? My other school was a one-on-one interview and I'm not sure what to expect out of it.

@bnicole, I'm also staying at the Marriott.

I was just having a similar conversation with crossfitEMT about the types of candidates we seem to be on this forum.  I would venture to guess that we are slightly more proactive in regards to this entire application process, which makes us completely engaged with a goal in mind.  If you skim through the previous years of applicants and their posts about interviews...a great majority of the people who regularly posted here were accepted to the program.  Now, that might be coincidence or might be because of the type of people we are active on this forum, I'd lean to the latter though.

@ Fitzy- I'm with you on the group interview- I haven't done one before either. However, it oddly makes me feel better to know that I will have equally nervous peers sitting next to me :) Nice to know someone else is at the same hotel! 

I know that the current class of students is working on a meet-and-greet for us (which I am very excited about!) but I would still love to get together with those who can make it on thursday sometime before the interviews. I think it would be helpful to us all to to be able to meet before the interviews begin as it may help to calm nerves and allow for us to recognize some friendly faces the day of the interview. 

I fly in wednesday night so anytime thursday works for me. I was hoping to check out the campus sometime thursday if anyone is interested in joining me. 

What is everyone's preferred time to meet thursday? I imagine an early dinner time as in 530ish may be best so that we can all get to bed nice and early :) 

@crossfit - I know you put a few ideas out there. Maybe you or others from the area can pick the place you think is best for some appetizers or dinner that is casual?

I am very excited to meet you all and am so grateful that we can be supportive to each other throughout this process!

@jennifer4293, I will be interviewing Saturday morning as well! As a current Hampton Roads resident, I strongly recommend not looking for a hotel in Hampton. Stay in the south side area because HR is known for its glorious tunnel traffic. I would think there wouldn't be too much traffic that early on a Saturday but people are vacationing now so just to be safe, I'd stay somewhere in Norfolk, if able. I live about 1.5 hours away from Norfolk now and I'm getting a hotel right around EVMS to decrease the stress. :)

Anyone else interviewing on Saturday morning? I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!

They have happy hour there from 3-6pm which includes a lot of appetizers that are half off. Just a thought. It's a big place so calling a head with a head count would be a good idea.

@bnicole thanks for the bday wishes :) it also doubled as a mini celebration for getting an interview where my friends could be involved

@CrossfitEMT: Happy Birthday!

@Kreya: Congrats on the interview!

@Bnicole: I will be arriving in town Wednesday as well and was also hoping to check out the campus Thursday so I would love to join you!

@CStep and @wannabePa-S :: I am also from out of town so all the suggestions you both gave about where to stay have been really helpful!

I am so excited to meet everyone, and would be down for any get together before interviews the next day!

Thank you all for the valuable input and suggestions! It is great to know that everyone is so encouraging and supportive! ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you all are able to meet earlier to take advantage of happy hour appetizers I am good with that! For those of you who are mostly monitoring the posts, please don't be afraid to chime in as to what times work for you/don't work and if you can make it- or PM me if you would rather so I can ensure that we have a big enough table :) 

How does 4pm (to whenever) sound?

Archived