2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow applicants! I'm in the same boat as everyone else playing the waiting game. Only applied to EVMS this cycle. I applied last cycle to a few schools, EVMS included, and did not get accepted. I'm getting nervous! Guess we will sit back and wait until the end of the month. Fingers crossed and best wishes for everyone :)

Yeah, i know...my supervisor keeps pressing me to turn in my official letter of resignation....since I have to turn in advance notice .... I' m in management...I told her i was accepted in nursing school....so the wait is killing me too...they wont even tell you where you stand!

Hopefully, it's just an over estimation and we hear sooner!

I think they will be focusing more on the pre req gpa than anything else! So that's my weakness! I think they looking for a 3.7 onward in that ....so you guys all exceed that.

I think it is difficult to say that they will focus mostly on your pre req grades. I do feel they consider it but they have said that they look at the students application as a whole. It all depends on how competitive the group is, and where you sit within that group- and remember we are only a handful of applicants. We are all anxious because we have no idea where we sit in the pack :) 

Bnicole hit the nail on the head - they look at the application as a whole and measure based on the applicant pool. We are a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the pool on this forum. However, usually people on this forum have done lots of research to find this, and I would bet to say are slightly more motivated to do well. Just my opinion with that last sentence though.

Unfortunately in their admission's guideline booklet they state this:

"Interviews will be held on the EVMS campus and candidates will be given no less than two weeks' notice to facilitate the necessary arrangements to participate in the interview process."

So technically they can take until July 11ths (since interviews start on the 25th) to inform everyone..... Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just stating what they have in their document.  I'd hope that it would be much sooner than that....

As to one of the comment of us being a small subset of the overall applicant pool.... Figure they had about 2200 applicants (including ones automatically removed for incompleteness).... there are around 15 of us on this post.... we make up about .6% of the pool.... So lots of grades and things to look at....

Same thought i had yesterday

quote name="CrossfitEMT" post="170906" timestamp="1401880269"]

Unfortunately in their admission's guideline booklet they state this:

"Interviews will be held on the EVMS campus and candidates will be given no less than two weeks' notice to facilitate the necessary arrangements to participate in the interview process."

So technically they can take until July 11ths (since interviews start on the 25th) to inform everyone..... Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just stating what they have in their document. I'd hope that it would be much sooner than that....

As to one of the comment of us being a small subset of the overall applicant pool.... Figure they had about 2200 applicants (including ones automatically removed for incompleteness).... there are around 15 of us on this post.... we make up about .6% of the pool.... So lots of grades and things to look at....

Archived