2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

There are a bunch of places, not sure which springhill suites you will be staying at.  There is the Ghent area of norfolk that has a lot of local food places.  At MacArthur Mall you have some of your franchise places.  If you trave about 15 minutes there is Town Center in Virginia Beach which also has some good places to eat.  There is also the oceanfront but with it being the middle of the summer it will have a lot of tourists there.  So all and all there are a lot of options :p

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who have not heard anything yet.  I've been told by a former applicant, that they do the interview requests in batches.  SO basically the first batch has gone out and there will be more.  I don't know what the criteria is for who gets sent information when.  There is also only 72 hours after being notified of getting an interview to accept.  If you don't then the spot is freed up.  I have several friends who are waiting and I know it is difficult. 

Nothing but the best of luck, prayers, fingers crossed, or whichever will work for you all!

Hi, thought I would jump in here to clarify. From the posts I have read, I think you have it right. The invitations go out in batches until we have about 160 interviewees for our 80 or so seats in the class.

Interviews will be July 25, 26, and 28.

Good Luck everyone!

Hi, thought I would jump in here to clarify. From the posts I have read, I think you have it right. The invitations go out in batches until we have about 160 interviewees for our 80 or so seats in the class.

Interviews will be July 25, 26, and 28.

Good Luck everyone!

When do you believe the next round of batches will be getting sent out?  Thanks for the response and clarification!

Not to sound like I'm downplaying the wait and frustrations that people are feeling.... but it's been said before:  Until you get an email stating otherwise don't count yourself until an email says otherwise. 

They had an influx of over 400 additional applications so it's probably been very difficult to go thru each app and choose.

Best of luck and I'll continue to pull for everyone!

Not to sound like I'm downplaying the wait and frustrations that people are feeling.... but it's been said before:  Until you get an email stating otherwise don't count yourself until an email says otherwise. 

They had an influx of over 400 additional applications so it's probably been very difficult to go thru each app and choose.

Best of luck and I'll continue to pull for everyone!

Lol. This message definitely sounds less rude than your original post.

Greetings everyone! 

I know it's hard waiting for those emails (been there, done that), but please be patient!  You will hear from the program soon. 

For those of you who have received invites, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  The class of 2016 is super excited to meet you during interviews.  As part of the leadership team, I know that the Mentorship Committee & Social Chairs are planning on hosting an informal meet and greet with other students.  Please stay tuned as they hash out the details. 

Best of Luck,

EM

Still haven't heard anything yet.  My theory is that they send out a new batch of interviews every three business days around 3pm. I have heard that EVMS has a point system that they use to determine whether or not someone is qualified to be in the program.  These points are based off of things such as cumulative GPA, pre-req gpa, clinical experience, etc.  So the people that got an interview offered June 4th have the highest number of points according to their system, so they were invited for the first round of interviews.  After that, the applicants have 72 hours to respond whether or not they accept or reject the interview.  So every time someone turns down the interview or doesn't respond whether or not they will make the interview, a spot opens up and a new batch can be sent out.

Everyone who hasn't heard anything from EVMS yet are on a list waiting for others to turn down/ignore their interview. If they are invited for an interview, that means a spot opened up for them.  If they are rejected then that means EVMS ran out of interview spots. Those who are not qualified for the program at all have already received their rejection letter in May.

Still haven't heard anything yet. My theory is that they send out a new batch of interviews every three business days around 3pm. I have heard that EVMS has a point system that they use to determine whether or not someone is qualified to be in the program. These points are based off of things such as cumulative GPA, pre-req gpa, clinical experience, etc. So the people that got an interview offered June 4th have the highest number of points according to their system, so they were invited for the first round of interviews. After that, the applicants have 72 hours to respond whether or not they accept or reject the interview. So every time someone turns down the interview or doesn't respond whether or not they will make the interview, a spot opens up and a new batch can be sent out.

Everyone who hasn't heard anything from EVMS yet are on a list waiting for others to turn down/ignore their interview. If they are invited for an interview, that means a spot opened up for them. If they are rejected then that means EVMS ran out of interview spots. Those who are not qualified for the program at all have already received their rejection letter in May.

You said people already received rejection letters? . So, the math doesn't make sense! If they send out 144 invites that leaves about 36 spaces more or less depending on who rejects/ accepts the invitation, right? So, if they are looking to invite 180 people to interview, why not just send them all out at once and apply the same concept?

Archived