2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be available anytime in the afternoon on Thursday on.  I live about 2.5 miles away from Town Center which has a variety of places to eat including Yard House (which by the is at the bottom of the Westin Hotel if anyone is still looking for a place to stay).

For those of you that want to tour the campus, parking can be tricky due to the fact that the campus is part of Norfolk General Hospital.  There is a parking lot "A" that is easy to get to, and such.  I think it's $1 an hour.

There are only two buildings that I know that we will be using for school, and both of them are right next to the above mentioned parking lot.  The only thing I'm not sure about is that when I did a tour before, the students used a key card to get into the building.  So not sure if that's just at certain times of the day or is always required.  Contacting Rose might be helpful.

Also a tour of the campus is part of the interview time.  It is stated to be after the group interviews but before the wrap up and financial aid info section.

Sorry for the wall of text...

Congratulations everyone on the interview!

I had to schedule mine Monday afternoon. Anyone else going to be part of my session?

I am from out of town, can anyone suggest a good and decently priced hotel close to the school?

I am flying in to Norfolk on Sunday, if anyone wants to meet up!

The tricky part is cost.  With it being the middle of summertime, a lot of the hotels raise their prices because of people going to the oceanfront.  Marriott has a few hotels (courtyard, residence, marriott) in downtown norfolk which is fairly close to EVMS.  There is an airport hilton that is close to the interstate that can get you to downtown norfolk in a decently quick time.  If you want to PM me I can tell you which hotels are good or not based on location....

@lauren_g, looks like I'll be interviewing with you. I'm staying at the Residence Inn downtown Norfolk, per google maps, it's 3 minutes from the campus. It looks like most give a discount for candidates. Yes, let's meet up. PM me when you have more logistics about your stay.

@corssfitEMT, Happy Birthday!! Thanks for the campus map.

Late to join this forum but was beyond excited last Fri to get my email to interview. I am scheduled Fri afternoon. Live in Virginia Beach and would like to join everyone Thur evening for meet/greet. Has it been decided Thur 5pm at Towne Center? For the out of towners there are nice hotels in Towne Center with easy interstate access to Norfolk. If there are any Fri afternoon out of town interviewees staying at Towne Center I am happy to pick you up and car pool to interview together.

I grabbed the map of the campus.  I circled(small one) the parking area "A" and also circled(big circle) the buildings we will be using for the inteviews.  Hope that helps a little.

v/r

James

The program should be providing you with a sticker to attach to the stub from the entry point to the garage. You will likely not have to pay to park that day. Also, there will be signs in the grass directing you to the appropriate meeting point. There will be volunteers from the current PA class to help guide you to the interview rooms and answer questions about the program first hand. If you are in the area beforehand, the first hour in the garage is free. For tours you will need to pre arrange something. You may obtain a visitors pass at the entry to Brickell Library. From there you can look at the bookstore and library.

The program should be providing you with a sticker to attach to the stub from the entry point to the garage. You will likely not have to pay to park that day. Also, there will be signs in the grass directing you to the appropriate meeting point. There will be volunteers from the current PA class to help guide you to the interview rooms and answer questions about the program first hand. If you are in the area beforehand, the first hour in the garage is free. For tours you will need to pre arrange something. You may obtain a visitors pass at the entry to Brickell Library. From there you can look at the bookstore and library.

Please do not establish the expectation that the program will be paying for parking on interview day. It will cost you a few dollars to park for the 4 hours of the interview if you are driving to campus.

I live fairly close by to Yard House so I can just get there early and start staking out space.  Of course if we can get some kind of a head count that would be helpful :)

Thanks CrossfitEMT that sounds great. I made a reservation the other day just in case, but it sounds like we don't necessarily need one - so far including PMs there is around 5 of us. 

Please do not establish the expectation that the program will be paying for parking on interview day. It will cost you a few dollars to park for the 4 hours of the interview if you are driving to campus.

I apologize. In the past parking was paid. Appears to no longer be the case. In any event, parking is only a few dollars for the amount of time for the interview event. Here is a link for the parking facility.

http://www.sentara.com/HospitalsFacilities/Hospitals/NorfolkGeneral/Pages/parking.aspx

Archived