what are my chances?

Hi,

I am looking forward to apply to the 2014 (starts) program and am wondering what my chances are.

I am 25 yrs old
speak 3 languages fluently
9 yrs of experience as an MA ( back office). i currently work at a community clinic, and a physician's office.
I have a BA degree in Sociology

Lots of community services

Vice President of APSA

shadowed a NP and a PA for 2 yrs

science GPA = 3.0

overall GPA= 3.0

A-Psych

A-engwr 300

B-anatomy
B-physiology
B-microbio

B-Stats

C-Soc

C-Chem

• 2 weeks later...

Your odds will partly depend upon which program you apply to. However, most of the programs are accepting between 2% and 8% of applicants.

In 2014 LLU PA received 1229 applicants and accepted 30. http://www.llu.edu/allied-health/sah...missions.page?

In 2012 Samuel Merritt received 1261 and accepted 55. http://www.samuelmerritt.edu/physici...t/requirements

In 2012 SJVC PA received 250+ applicants and has class sizes in the low 20s. http://www.physicianassistantforum.c...licants/page10

• 2 weeks later...

Decent chance. Be yourself. Don't exagerate on your application. Go to an info session. Meet Fred Tovar. Go over your application with him or another administrator/rep for any deficiencies. Check out the PCAP mission statement on the website and see if you fit their bullet points.

• 1 month later...

Question?? I have bs in health science and after many years of changing majors and a few bad grades have decided that I REALLY wasnt to become a PA. My cum gpa is about 2.6 and this semester I am manking a 3.34 and plan on taking a few sciences over to increase my gpa. I also have over 14000 HCE hours and plan on taking GRE soon. If I can get gpa up to 2.9-3.1 will I have a decent chance or will my courses ten yrs ago mess me up? TIA

Yes, we take the same state board. It's an associates program; however, you can take additional courses to get a Masters degree and that is through St Francis University i believe.

The website didn't say anything about accumulative college GPA, but it did say that science GPA has to be 3.0 or higher.

Thanks for the respond YKIEU..

Yes, we take the same state board. It's an associates program; however, you can take additional courses to get a Masters degree and that is through St Francis University i believe.

The website didn't say anything about accumulative college GPA, but it did say that science GPA has to be 3.0 or higher.

It was opened on May 31st and it is not too late as the deadline is not until September. Most people usually takes 2-3 months to work on their app to make sure everything is perfect. I am currently working on my statement of purpose. I probably wont submit it til August or end of July.

Hey guys I got a question My Anatomy I & II also the Microbiology I took them in the year of fall 2004-2005 spring... Those classes being more than five years old, Do I still have a chance in this school or they wont consider me due to my classes being over five years??? thanks

hey guys whats the difference between the Primary Care Associate Program VS Physician Assistant Program? Do they take the same state boards? is it the same or? please give me some info if you could thanks

Hey guys I got a question My Anatomy I & II also the Microbiology I took them in the year of fall 2004-2005 spring... Those classes being more than five years old, Do I still have a chance in this school or they wont consider me due to my classes being over five years??? thanks

A bit of advice. These are questions that are easily answered by researching the school. There are hundreds of posts on the Stanford thread, if you are serious about getting in, read them.

I read them all, multiple times. Know the school inside and out, go to the info sessions, (I went to three) talk to current students, go over your applications until it's perfect.

You are competing with people who are very compulsive (like me) about those things and tend to have very good stats. ( 40,000 hours HCE, 3.8 GPA, ex navy corpsman).

Our class had FMG's, doctorates, flight paramedics, RNs etc.

If you are serious about getting in, know your stuff.

good luck

Archived