Chances and Advice

Hello all,

I'm a relatively new member to this forum. This is my first time applying to PA school and I'm having mad anxiety. I'm a first generation graduate from UGA with a degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology earlier this year. I took really rigorous science courses which I did relatively well on (mostly As and Bs). However, I did have one bad semester with a D in Organic Chem 2 and c+ in genetics. I did address this in my personal statement. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my classes being locked in certain semester I did not retake ochem 2 or genetics ( nor did I want to tbh). I did make an A- in lab though. Prior to this, I initially got a C+ in Ochem 1 and retook that to receive an A.

My cumulative GPA is 3.44 while the overall science GPA is 3.25

GRE 305 with 3.5 on the writing portion. I have over 3000 hours of PCE from working part time during my undergrad career as a CNA, home health aid, patient care tech and recently MA. I've shadowed 3 PAs for around 100 hours. I had volunteered a few different facility but the hours aren't  too impressive. I have held multiple leadership roles within my sorority and was really involved on campus as an undergrad.

I think I'm going to retake my GRE in September. I'm currently trying to enroll in a community college for a postbach to fulfill a medical terminology prerequisite for some schools. Is there any advice on improving my stats? Also, I heard that for half of the hours for the MA position should be inputted in as HCE instead of PCE. Is that true or will each program consider it differently?

Archived