Cheating in PA school

Doing some research and a paper about cheating in PA school. Anything from getting copies to tests, to peering over someone's shoulder. Does anyone have experience with someone in your class caught cheating and their consequences? Or did anyone have an academic misconduct on their records when they applied. How did they handle that situation?

Thanks!

While not for PA school, last semester two women in one of the A&P sections that my prof was teaching caught two women cheating on the final exam. He gave us a practice exam which included 1/3 of the questions on the actual exam, but without answers (we had to answer them ourselves and hope we got the right answers). Two women went to the bathroom for a very long time so he walked out and stood in front of the women's room listening very carefully. He heard them say things, "No, on the next page. I think it's on the bottom of the page. Yeah, that's the one." They were calling on their cell phones to their friends who had the exam. When they walked out he was standing there with a very mad expression on his face. They both failed the exam and were expelled from school.

Seen some ingenious things..........I will preface with "not at current institution" and I have experience with a number of programs, don’t even try to guess. Most devilish manifestation was stealing tests as they were being copied through linked computer network to networked copier. Faculty at that time not particularly computer savvy, new technology then, but student ring-leader very computer savvy. IT could not prove case b/c one linked computer had wide-spread use. Eventually faculty copied “fake” exam, gave “real” exam. Prior “A" students.......big grade surprises.

But, students were persistent. After network problem solved by faculty, students broke into faculty office for test draft. Again, no witnesses. Campus PD eventually set up sting with camera...........bingo.

Seen some ingenious things..........I will preface with "not at current institution" and I have experience with a number of programs, don’t even try to guess. Most devilish manifestation was stealing tests as they were being copied through linked computer network to networked copier. Faculty at that time not particularly computer savvy, new technology then, but student ring-leader very computer savvy. IT could not prove case b/c one linked computer had wide-spread use. Eventually faculty copied “fake” exam, gave “real” exam. Prior “A" students.......big grade surprises.

But, students were persistent. After network problem solved by faculty, students broke into faculty office for test draft. Again, no witnesses. Campus PD eventually set up sting with camera...........bingo.

Jesus. You could damn near center a movie around this entire story.

Archived