Single Dose of LSD effective in chronic anxiety.

43 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

Oregon has legalized the use of psilocybin(sp?) mushrooms for similar indications. 

The VA has been studying Ketamine and psilocybin for PTSD. I haven't seen any real deep reports but the summaries are promising.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rev ronin said:

Is there an equivalent to opioid-induced hyperalgesia? Benzodiazepine-induced hyperagitation, maybe?

I believe the sedation of the benzo’s unregulated anxiety.  Then it is either take more benzo to control anxiety or gave more anxiety.   Seen so many people on high dose benzo’s that have either never tried an ssri or only one ssri.  Sad really.  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ventana said:

Seen so many people on high dose benzo’s that have either never tried an ssri or only one ssri.  Sad really.  

The folks I see like this were put on benzo's 6+ years ago, often 10+, so I get that prescribing patterns have evolved... but that doesn't help the poor folks on those regimens.