CALIFORNIA: UC SAN DIEGO CASPA 2023-2024

Just now, tameyer said:

I also attended the webinar earlier today.  Interviews will be online/virtual on March 18th, 19th, and 21st.  The interview style is MMI.  The PA program offers three electives for clinical rotations, which is cool.

any info on how many people applied/how many are getting interviews/how many are accepted or waitlisted? 

No info was given on how many people applied/how many are getting interviews during the webinar.  30 will be accepted in the cohort after interviews are done.  UCSD is one of two PA programs I am still waiting to hear back regarding any decision.  I applied to UCSD in late July 2023.

I forgot to mention earlier that UCSD's PA program will start on June 3, 2024, for the class of 2026.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tameyer said:

I also attended the webinar earlier today.  Interviews will be online/virtual on March 18th, 19th, and 21st.  The interview style is MMI.  The PA program offers three electives for clinical rotations, which is cool.

Thank you so much for the information 😭 I was wondering which days the interviews were going to be held since they gave such a wide range of dates. For the elective rotations, were those in addition to the required clinical rotation sites and did they say if they had established clinical sites yet?

19 minutes ago, ManifestingPASchool2024 said:

Thank you so much for the information 😭 I was wondering which days the interviews were going to be held since they gave such a wide range of dates. For the elective rotations, were those in addition to the required clinical rotation sites and did they say if they had established clinical sites yet?

You are very welcome!  The elective rotations are in addition to the required clinical rotation sites.  There are options for concentrations within the elective rotations (e.g. primary care, specialty care, and rural and border health).  For example, you could do an additional rotation in family medicine, pediatrics, and women's health for the primary care concentration.

image.png.8ccd494b814a3a357aa406ba1ffd1093.png

They did not say if they had established clinical sites yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1