CALIFORNIA: UC SAN DIEGO CASPA 2023-2024

So I got an interview but I’m not exactly sure if I’m going to do it. I’m actually a UCSD alum but I am reading through the admissions policy for the pa program and it says that if it doesn’t get approval by June 2024 from the UC system. The first class won’t be able to matriculate in June 2024 and they will not refund anything if this happens or held responsible.. being so late in the cycle. This is not very comforting thing 

https://paeducation.ucsd.edu/_files/Admissions Policy_11.1.23.pdf

1 minute ago, Paher88 said:

So I got an interview but I’m not exactly sure if I’m going to do it. I’m actually a UCSD alum but I am reading through the admissions policy for the pa program and it says that if it doesn’t get approval by June 2024 from the UC system. The first class won’t be able to matriculate in June 2024 and they will not refund anything if this happens or held responsible.. being so late in the cycle. This is not very comforting thing 

https://paeducation.ucsd.edu/_files/Admissions Policy_11.1.23.pdf

I think the UC system has already given approval

1 minute ago, PrePAMonster said:

I would still do the interview regardless tbh, you were given the opportunity to interview so do it if you can, you were one of the lucky ones to get an interview so be proud and take the opportunity!! Don't let it get wasted,  you didn't wait all this time for nothing !

i agree with you but also if you don’t feel comfortable and do not think you’d attend if you were offered a spot for this reason it wouldn’t be a bad idea to give your interview spot up for someone else that really wants to go! you are very lucky to be in this position. congratulations friend! 

5 minutes ago, futuresuPAhuman said:

i agree with you but also if you don’t feel comfortable and do not think you’d attend if you were offered a spot for this reason it wouldn’t be a bad idea to give your interview spot up for someone else that really wants to go! you are very lucky to be in this position. congratulations friend! 

I may just do that. I was very fortunate to have gotten many interviews this cycle, but decided to give them up for other folks to have that opportunity once I got accepted into a program. I don’t personally like when everyone says how many schools did you get accepted into because I feel like that’s just unfair. As a applicant I would’ve loved have didn’t given the opportunity

• Like 2

Just now, Paher88 said:

I may just do that. I was very fortunate to have gotten many interviews this cycle, but decided to give them up for other folks to have that opportunity once I got accepted into a program. I don’t personally like when everyone says how many schools did you get accepted into because I feel like that’s just unfair. As a applicant I would’ve loved have didn’t given the opportunity

have you already accepted with another program? 

2 minutes ago, Paher88 said:

**3rd time reapplicant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrePAMonster said:

I understand that feeling, I learned that regardless it’s still good to see the amount of interviews and acceptance you have gotten. It just shows that schools want you in their cohort and shows how hard you have worked to get into this point of your life for those schools to want you. PA is competitive, I wish everyone could have an opportunity to interview and get accepted somewhere. 

I appreciate that and thank you for all the advice. I personally feel like I know how hard I’ve worked over these last four years postgrad and feel like having at least one acceptance was a good enough validation for the work I’ve put in especially, because of how competitive these programs are, and how they continue to get even harder. I would’ve wished someone would’ve released a spot that they knew they wouldn’t be using so that other folks who also worked hard get a chance. That’s why I personally only did interviews this cycle that I knew I was actually interested in.

I will be declining my interview spot and I sincerely hope that you all get into your dream school❤️ best of luck, friends! UCSD is truly a great school 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, PrePAMonster said:

I honestly think they will send more interviews tomorrow and Saturday I’m hoping to fill the rest of the days they mentioned! Also mentioning that it’s most likely something to do with their availability for the interviewers to interview applicants.

did they mention that in the info session? 

I received an interview invite yesterday Wednesday, 3/13 with an assigned interview date and time for next week. As someone who has lived in San Diego for almost 10 years, I was ecstatic about the opportunity to possibly attend UCSD's first ever PA cohort. However, I have already accepted a seat and secured my housing for a program starting in May.

I wish you all the best of the luck with the process and hope turning down my seat opens up a spot for someone else! ❤️ 

• Like 3