CALIFORNIA: UC SAN DIEGO CASPA 2023-2024

I just looked on their website, and it looks like they're extending the due date of the supplemental to a to-be-determined date if you haven't submitted your secondary application yet. Also, they're making the secondary free and are supposedly going to refund people who have already paid the fee. 

https://paeducation.ucsd.edu/faq.html#Will-the-Secondary-Application-

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows:

They put their secondary on hold due to a delay in getting the masters degree approval. They will re-open it when they receive approval and everyone has 30 days to complete the secondary. Everyone who has completed it will be refunded and those who have not submitted it will be free or charge. They will notify everyone via email when it opens. I hope this clears up confusion! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilmiapa said:

Can someone please post all of the secondary questions? So that those of us that haven’t started can plan ahead? 

1) The mission of the Atkinson Physician Assistant Education program is to:

Recruit and retain learners who reflect the diverse population of California. Graduates will be prepared to provide safe, effective, person-centered healthcare in various settings to improve health and well being of the patients and communities we serve.

In what ways will you contribute to the mission of the program?

2) Describe your connection to California

3) What do you hope to get out of your training at the UC San Diego Atkinson PA Education Program?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally am not feeling too good about UCSD's PA program. It has been radio silence for a while. They probably still need to get a lot of things in order. The Jan start timeline was ambitious. I was hopeful to have it as an option but have committed elsewhere for Jan start. Hopefully, the first class has a good experience with the program. I also cannot justify the estimated COA of 300K 😕 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mbeanz99 said:

I personally am not feeling too good about UCSD's PA program. It has been radio silence for a while. They probably still need to get a lot of things in order. The Jan start timeline was ambitious. I was hopeful to have it as an option but have committed elsewhere for Jan start. Hopefully, the first class has a good experience with the program. I also cannot justify the estimated COA of 300K 😕 

they sent out an email 2 months ago saying the following:

“We are writing to inform you that the anticipated launch of our program in January 2024 has met a slight delay as we continue to fine tune all administrative and institutional requirements for the master’s degree approval and its related University processes. Our anticipated program launch has shifted to June 2024.”

5 hours ago, mbeanz99 said:

yeah I have never heard of a public university charging that much. 

3 minutes ago, Bneal88 said:

Did you guys get any updates at the information session yesterday? I was planning on attending but forgot to reserve a spot..

Yup! I attended the session and it seems to be the same information as the previous ones. They did not have an answer as to when the accreditation will occur. They did not receive word from the ARC PA yet but they mentioned they will update us as soon as a decision is made. 

interviews are likely to be delayed due to their delayed start. (Potentially later in the winter like December).  

• 2 weeks later...