CALIFORNIA: UC SAN DIEGO CASPA 2023-2024

I attended the info session for a bit tonight! Basically the only update is that they are accredited and they still plan to matriculate in June. They don’t have a set time for when they are going to do interviews, but they said sometime this winter! They said once they open the secondary app again, they’ll start the interview process

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Yes I attended the info session on Wednesday. They hope to open the secondary application again soon. They were waiting for an update on their Masters Degree status which they said the committee met on Wednesday to discuss. Once it’s approved they will send an email to all of those who applied and those who already completed the secondary that the secondary app is live and then will plan to send interview invites shortly thereafter. 

40 minutes ago, missTpa said:

Yes I attended the info session on Wednesday. They hope to open the secondary application again soon. They were waiting for an update on their Masters Degree status which they said the committee met on Wednesday to discuss. Once it’s approved they will send an email to all of those who applied and those who already completed the secondary that the secondary app is live and then will plan to send interview invites shortly thereafter. 

Does anyone know if we already turned in the secondary before they closed it, we don’t have to re-submit it?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Paher88 said:

Anyone hear anything new from this program,

no but at their info session last week they said they’d be hearing back from the university of california about whether or not their program was approved. following that they were planning to send out further info. seems like they have stuff ready to go and are just waiting for the ok

45 minutes ago, monbon111 said:

no but at their info session last week they said they’d be hearing back from the university of california about whether or not their program was approved. following that they were planning to send out further info. seems like they have stuff ready to go and are just waiting for the ok

hmm interesting.. what do you mean by approved? i know they got the accreditation so i wonder what else they’re waiting for. anyways, hopefully it all works out and we get some interviews!! 

1 minute ago, futuresuPAhuman said:

hmm interesting.. what do you mean by approved? i know they got the accreditation so i wonder what else they’re waiting for. anyways, hopefully it all works out and we get some interviews!! 

Apparently they have been approved from Arc-PA but now need approval from the UC system.

• 3 weeks later...

I think their info sessions said tuition alone was 170k-180k… plus the rest of the fees 🙃. They’re still updating their website with all the info. The program i got into practically has half the cost and it’s already pricey. I can’t imagine having double that, add the cost of living in CA and oof…

I'm hoping they end up matriculating their first class in June. I feel like if they get accredited, perhaps notification will go out this month or next month latest. I cant find much on how other new programs looked timeline wise. Interviewed U of Utah few months ago. Waitlisted to interview elsewhere otherwise. This was my top choice program wise hoping they can make it happen this cycle

I’m not sure tbh, I’m preparing to apply again next cycle just in case. Since every time they have an info session it just seemed like it was one thing after another that was holding them back from starting the interview process. And I think they were still having their offices built.