CALIFORNIA: UC SAN DIEGO CASPA 2023-2024

On 5/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, BassBob said:

I just finished applying. Had anyone gotten a secondary application yet?

Hi there! Congrats on finally applying! The CASPA application has the link to the secondary. Click on UC San Diego, stay on the home tab, and under admissions requirements you will see the link. Good luck this cycle!

14 hours ago, dsal28 said:

Hi there! Congrats on finally applying! The CASPA application has the link to the secondary. Click on UC San Diego, stay on the home tab, and under admissions requirements you will see the link. Good luck this cycle!

Is there an actual secondary app or just the $135 fee?

22 hours ago, Medico said:

Is there an actual secondary app or just the $135 fee?

From the looks of it, there's just the fee. Which is the most expensive secondary app fee I have ever seen in my two years of applying lol. Once you pay, there's a link at the very bottom of the receipt that'll take you to the essay portion that needs to be filled out

Edited by skanu34
Misinformation in my original post

5 hours ago, dsal28 said:

So you are going to have to pay the fee prior to accessing the secondary. Once you pay for the secondary they send you an email with the receipt and link to the secondary.

The link is buried at the bottom of the receipt. There is no other reference of the secondary otherwise. A lot of applicants are going to miss it.

Do you guys think for the optional narrative regarding "circumstances that may have affected your ability to reach your academic goals" could be as simple as a bad grade on a test or not reaching a GPA goal? Or do they only want something more serious like how they mentioned course drops/withdrawals etc. 

On 6/3/2023 at 3:40 PM, pink1999 said:

Do you guys think for the optional narrative regarding "circumstances that may have affected your ability to reach your academic goals" could be as simple as a bad grade on a test or not reaching a GPA goal? Or do they only want something more serious like how they mentioned course drops/withdrawals etc. 

I think they mean to explain repeated and withdrawn courses, many C grades or D/F grades

18 hours ago, PACINPROGRESS said:

ooh yeah I saw that for the supplemental. What kind of questions are on the supplemental? Do they ask for your CV or resume?

They don't ask for a CV. There are six questions. Three are optional. They ask how you will contribute to the program's mission, your connection to California, and what you hope to get from your training. The optional ones explain academic challenges, long gaps, and how you improved your app if you're a reapplicant. 

• Like 1