Application Cycle 2012-2013!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem is that most of the pet-friendly apartments that allow large dogs consider my 80lb German Shepherd an "aggressive breed". But I found three complexes relatively close to the school that allow German Shepherds...so at least I have options. I can't remember all of the names offhand, but one was Copper Pointe. Mind you, I haven't actually SEEN any of them yet, but I'll make a trip to check them out in a few months.

Has anyone applied to CCNY and got a response?

lolWUT?

My problem is that most of the pet-friendly apartments that allow large dogs consider my 80lb German Shepherd an "aggressive breed". But I found three complexes relatively close to the school that allow German Shepherds...so at least I have options. I can't remember all of the names offhand, but one was Copper Pointe. Mind you, I haven't actually SEEN any of them yet, but I'll make a trip to check them out in a few months.

If you can think of the names, current students could probably give you a hand and let you know if you need to steer clear of any of them

Has anyone received an invite to the May interview yet?

Does anyone know when the last interview sessions are scheduled for? I figure there's one more left in April and one in May, but was hoping someone knew dates.

Last I saw there was one on April 26, not completely sure though and not sure about May. Hope that helps

Due to some scheduling conflicts, we had to move the April 26th interview back to May 10th. As far as I know, it will be the last interview this go around. But don't quote me on that.

If you can think of the names, current students could probably give you a hand and let you know if you need to steer clear of any of them

I'll post them here, and I'll repost them on the FB group when that becomes available.

If anyone knows anything about any of these complexes:

Copper Pointe

Woodlands West

Avalon West

I'd love to hear about them. If you have something bad to say about any of them, please tell me now! It won't hurt my feelings.

[QUOTDue to some scheduling conflicts, we had to move the April 26th interview back to May 10th. As far as I know, it will be the last interview this go around. But don't quote me on that.

Does this mean if you have not been invited yet you won't be?

No this doesn't mean you won't be. They generally don't invite to interview until within 2 weeks from the interview date. I don't think they have invited anyone yet for the last interview.

I'll post them here, and I'll repost them on the FB group when that becomes available.

If anyone knows anything about any of these complexes:

Copper Pointe

Woodlands West

Avalon West

I'd love to hear about them. If you have something bad to say about any of them, please tell me now! It won't hurt my feelings.

I'm also curious about apartments, I'm moving from Chicago so I don't know much about the area and don't want to wind up in a bad neighborhood.

me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to send a packet tomorrow (express mail) updating the admissions committee on my progress since submitting the supplemental application. I just want an interview... I am extremely eager to return to school after 2 years working as a nursing assistant.

Courtney Morgan

Charlotte, NC

me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to send a packet tomorrow (express mail) updating the admissions committee on my progress since submitting the supplemental application. I just want an interview... I am extremely eager to return to school after 2 years working as a nursing assistant.

Courtney Morgan

Charlotte, NC

Current students: I have been reading threads about what kind of backpacks/book carriers to use and I was wondering what is popular at South College? Do most of you all use a back pack, the brief cases that roll, a purse/handbag, ect.? In other words, how much stuff will we need to bring to class everyday? Do you all carry a lot of textbooks or they e-books? Do most of you all take notes on a laptop/iPad or bring binders? Do we have lockers to keep our medical equipment in? Any information would be helpful!

Current students: I have been reading threads about what kind of backpacks/book carriers to use and I was wondering what is popular at South College? Do most of you all use a back pack, the brief cases that roll, a purse/handbag, ect.? In other words, how much stuff will we need to bring to class everyday? Do you all carry a lot of textbooks or they e-books? Do most of you all take notes on a laptop/iPad or bring binders? Do we have lockers to keep our medical equipment in? Any information would be helpful!

Small north face back pack. Some carry a lot with roller bags, some very little. Most popular is probably a backpack. I do have a professional messenger bag I will use for clinicals.

I carry 1 book, Harrison's manual of medicine (small) all the time. I like hard copy of it since I read it so much. I have a few other hard copy books that I couldn't get e-books for. The rest I have on kindle that I can read on my iPhone, iPad, or computer. Some others, but not many have books in kindle

Take all my notes on the computer or, depending on class, take notes directly in the book by the section we are discussing. . Most everyone takes notes on their laptop, a few on iPads. Some also print out notes and put in binders. I carry as little as possible.

You do have lockers, but I have a separate very small duffel bag I kept all my equipment in. I always keep my steth with me in my back pack because its often all I need.

Small north face back pack. Some carry a lot with roller bags, some very little. Most popular is probably a backpack. I do have a professional messenger bag I will use for clinicals.

I carry 1 book, Harrison's manual of medicine (small) all the time. I like hard copy of it since I read it so much. I have a few other hard copy books that I couldn't get e-books for. The rest I have on kindle that I can read on my iPhone, iPad, or computer. Some others, but not many have books in kindle

Take all my notes on the computer or, depending on class, take notes directly in the book by the section we are discussing. . Most everyone takes notes on their laptop, a few on iPads. Some also print out notes and put in binders. I carry as little as possible.

You do have lockers, but I have a separate very small duffel bag I kept all my equipment in. I always keep my steth with me in my back pack because its often all I need.

Archived