Application Cycle 2012-2013!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Oneal- What year are you? What did you think about the interview process.. and in your opinion, what do you think South concentrates on the most with candidates? Thx

1st year. Interview process was fine. The panel interviews threw me a bit, but most everyone was nice and I loved knowing when I left that I was accepted.

Looking at my classmates I can honestly say they accept a diverse group. Some have excellent HCE, some have none, some have awesome GPAs, some are low, all age groups. I really cannot pin down any one thing. I think the interview plays a big role here. They do LOVE military experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Best of luck to everybody applying this cycle! They typically don't get in touch with you about an interview until 2-4 weeks before the interview date.

I'm a 1st year as well, so feel free to ask me questions about the whole thing.

I had a couple of questions about the program: what do you think of the curriculum, what does the program seem to focus on, do you have cadaver dissections, do students feel they have enough time to complete assignments/study for tests, what is the overall feeling of the program (positive/negative) by the students and staff, was it hard to find places to rent and live, etc.

Thanks

I had a couple of questions about the program: what do you think of the curriculum, what does the program seem to focus on, do you have cadaver dissections, do students feel they have enough time to complete assignments/study for tests, what is the overall feeling of the program (positive/negative) by the students and staff, was it hard to find places to rent and live, etc.

Thanks

I'm loving the curriculum so far, but ask me again during your interview date (We'll be in Clinical Assessment and Management by then, which I've heard is rough). We have a cadaver lab that is done between 1st and 2nd quarter up in Johnson City at ETSU. It's incredibly intense from what I've heard (it's a 6 day ordeal) and I'll have more info about it at the interview dates since they schedule the interviews during 2nd/3rd quarter. As far as study time, if you have good time management skills you'll have plenty of time. That being said, I've got issues with time management (squirrel!) and I still feel like I have plenty of time. Everybody in my class and the class ahead of us seems to thoroughly enjoy the program and staff. The staff have a great relationship with each other and students and try to make it feel like you're part of a big family. As far as places to live, a lot of students live in Lovell Crossing Apartments, but there are plenty of places to live that are relatively close to the campus. Also, if you get accepted, they'll give you a Knoxville information packet that has some apartment guides and what have you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody heard anything yet? Do any current students know if they've started contactapplicants? Also, I'm cun athletic trainer for an orthopedic/sports medicine clinic in Fort Worth, TX and I have a masters in athletic training in and sports medicine as well. Does any of the current classes (1st, 2nd or 3rd years) have athletic trainers? Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody heard anything yet? Do any current students know if they've started contactapplicants? Also, I'm cun athletic trainer for an orthopedic/sports medicine clinic in Fort Worth, TX and I have a masters in athletic training in and sports medicine as well. Does any of the current classes (1st, 2nd or 3rd years) have athletic trainers? Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

They've got a lot going on right now. Last I heard, which was at least a month ago, they had over 600 completed applications with several more hundred still in various stages of completion. We first years just got done with our cadaver lab so the pace should hopefully start picking up here soon. As far as athletic trainers, I believe there might be one or two, but to be honest, I don't remember if they were athletic trainers or personal trainers.

Archived