Application Cycle 2012-2013!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did get in this year. Even if this year doesn't work out for you, don't give up! Just ask how to make yourself a better applicant and do those things!

That is the plan. I have already started working CASPA again. I have taken a couple courses that are not on this application, I have done some shadowing and continue to work in healthcare.

I did get in this year. Even if this year doesn't work out for you, don't give up! Just ask how to make yourself a better applicant and do those things!

That is the plan. I have already started working CASPA again. I have taken a couple courses that are not on this application, I have done some shadowing and continue to work in healthcare.

So there's a chance that we will not be formally notified if we are rejected this cycle? I have not received an interview invite nor rejection email and am anxiously awaiting either (preferably the former of course!) Either way, I guess I will know for sure on May 10th.. crossing my fingers and toes!

Courtney Morgan

Charlotte, NC

So there's a chance that we will not be formally notified if we are rejected this cycle? I have not received an interview invite nor rejection email and am anxiously awaiting either (preferably the former of course!) Either way, I guess I will know for sure on May 10th.. crossing my fingers and toes!

Courtney Morgan

Charlotte, NC

Courtney Morgan

Charlotte, NC

Is this the school you decided to go to? I haven't received any notification of any sorts yet. . I am still hoping but like Frenchy, I've started working on CASPA again. . >.<

Is this the school you decided to go to? I haven't received any notification of any sorts yet. . I am still hoping but like Frenchy, I've started working on CASPA again. . >.<

I have an interview for the program on the 10th! I'm so nervous! I was curious if there was any advice that could be given? My biggest fear is to get there, fall in love with the school all over again, and for them to turn me away. I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life... Also, what was worn during the interviews? I bought a pencil skirt and a button up blouse... but I did not know if a blazer is a must-have... or if pants are a better option. I know it sounds like such a small detail... but I want to make the best possible impression... but I also don't want to come off as something I am not. A straight up suit looks plain wrong on me. :) (hope the excited nerves are not too obvious through my ramblings...)

I have an interview for the program on the 10th! I'm so nervous! I was curious if there was any advice that could be given? My biggest fear is to get there, fall in love with the school all over again, and for them to turn me away. I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life... Also, what was worn during the interviews? I bought a pencil skirt and a button up blouse... but I did not know if a blazer is a must-have... or if pants are a better option. I know it sounds like such a small detail... but I want to make the best possible impression... but I also don't want to come off as something I am not. A straight up suit looks plain wrong on me. :) (hope the excited nerves are not too obvious through my ramblings...)

@April, Pencil skirt or pant suit will be fine. There were a variety of both at my interview. I highly recommend reading "How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview." I went to one interview and was rejected (also had laryngitis and could hardly get a squeak out to answer their questions haha) but after I bought this book I was accepted at all the other interviews I went to. I didn't just read the book though. I typed out my answer to every single interview question in the book and read over them constantly. I did not memorize my answers but just practiced. It was extremely helpful for the interviews because I already had a story or situation in mind for every single question I got and I did not have to wait to come up with one. I was also able to speak my answer more eloquently and have a better flow since I had already practiced and repeated the scenarios so many times in my already. Best of luck!!

@April, Pencil skirt or pant suit will be fine. There were a variety of both at my interview. I highly recommend reading "How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview." I went to one interview and was rejected (also had laryngitis and could hardly get a squeak out to answer their questions haha) but after I bought this book I was accepted at all the other interviews I went to. I didn't just read the book though. I typed out my answer to every single interview question in the book and read over them constantly. I did not memorize my answers but just practiced. It was extremely helpful for the interviews because I already had a story or situation in mind for every single question I got and I did not have to wait to come up with one. I was also able to speak my answer more eloquently and have a better flow since I had already practiced and repeated the scenarios so many times in my already. Best of luck!!

Micky, I didn't know that book existed when I interviewed, but I wish I had. Ironically, I got an email advertising the book two days after South accepted me.

Regardless, April. If it were me, I'd wear the blazer. It just seems to look more professional. You don't have to, of course, but I would. ALSO, either a pencil skirt or pants are fine. Choose whichever you feel best wearing. Personally, I tend to feel more comfortable and confident in a skirt, so, a skirt it was. Plenty of girls wore pants, too.

Don't rely too much on comfort, though. I was at one interview and a girl wore a casual sweater and jeans. Not even a nice sweater and jeans, and her hair was messy. I never would have believed someone who had put so much time and effort into securing an interview would care so little about how she presented herself to the interviewers.

I'm sure you know how to make yourself look your best. So long as you look like you put in some effort, your appearance matters less than the actual interview. Practice your questions, and remember that they want to see YOU in your interview. There aren't "right" answers, and no one wants to hear the same, tired regurgitated copout answers that everyone uses. Your weakness is that you're too much of a perfectionist, eh? No. Give a real answer that lets them see that you're someone they want to give a chance.

Micky, I didn't know that book existed when I interviewed, but I wish I had. Ironically, I got an email advertising the book two days after South accepted me.

Regardless, April. If it were me, I'd wear the blazer. It just seems to look more professional. You don't have to, of course, but I would. ALSO, either a pencil skirt or pants are fine. Choose whichever you feel best wearing. Personally, I tend to feel more comfortable and confident in a skirt, so, a skirt it was. Plenty of girls wore pants, too.

Don't rely too much on comfort, though. I was at one interview and a girl wore a casual sweater and jeans. Not even a nice sweater and jeans, and her hair was messy. I never would have believed someone who had put so much time and effort into securing an interview would care so little about how she presented herself to the interviewers.

I'm sure you know how to make yourself look your best. So long as you look like you put in some effort, your appearance matters less than the actual interview. Practice your questions, and remember that they want to see YOU in your interview. There aren't "right" answers, and no one wants to hear the same, tired regurgitated copout answers that everyone uses. Your weakness is that you're too much of a perfectionist, eh? No. Give a real answer that lets them see that you're someone they want to give a chance.

Archived