Application Cycle 2012-2013!

Micky, I didn't know that book existed when I interviewed, but I wish I had. Ironically, I got an email advertising the book two days after South accepted me.

Regardless, April. If it were me, I'd wear the blazer. It just seems to look more professional. You don't have to, of course, but I would. ALSO, either a pencil skirt or pants are fine. Choose whichever you feel best wearing. Personally, I tend to feel more comfortable and confident in a skirt, so, a skirt it was. Plenty of girls wore pants, too.

Don't rely too much on comfort, though. I was at one interview and a girl wore a casual sweater and jeans. Not even a nice sweater and jeans, and her hair was messy. I never would have believed someone who had put so much time and effort into securing an interview would care so little about how she presented herself to the interviewers.

I'm sure you know how to make yourself look your best. So long as you look like you put in some effort, your appearance matters less than the actual interview. Practice your questions, and remember that they want to see YOU in your interview. There aren't "right" answers, and no one wants to hear the same, tired regurgitated copout answers that everyone uses. Your weakness is that you're too much of a perfectionist, eh? No. Give a real answer that lets them see that you're someone they want to give a chance.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice is to just be yourself at the interview and answer the questions as honestly as you can. My interview at South College was the second one in a two week time-frame and I thought it was much more relaxed than the first interview I had. To prepare I looked over a bunch of potential interview questions, but the only ones I thought about in depth were "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to be a pa?" neither of which was asked at the interviews lol. However, I do feel that by focusing on these two questions I was able to self-reflect, which not only gave me confidence but also made me answer all of the questions with my own personal answers rather than the scripted answers they tire of hearing. At the beginning of the day I recall them saying that they are looking for specific types of people and that the interviews serve the purpose of finding them, that stuck in my head and made me realize the importance of being "yourself" and being personable.

My advice is to just be yourself at the interview and answer the questions as honestly as you can. My interview at South College was the second one in a two week time-frame and I thought it was much more relaxed than the first interview I had. To prepare I looked over a bunch of potential interview questions, but the only ones I thought about in depth were "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to be a pa?" neither of which was asked at the interviews lol. However, I do feel that by focusing on these two questions I was able to self-reflect, which not only gave me confidence but also made me answer all of the questions with my own personal answers rather than the scripted answers they tire of hearing. At the beginning of the day I recall them saying that they are looking for specific types of people and that the interviews serve the purpose of finding them, that stuck in my head and made me realize the importance of being "yourself" and being personable.

Archived