Nondisclosure form to sign before interview?

This seems fishy to me. The only other entity I'm aware of that asks for something similar prior to interviewing is the FBI. I guess I could see a large corp doing this as a CYA but seems excessive and almost a trap...

Is it a California-based company? I think CA has some state-specific laws/protections regarding intellectual property, proprietary info, etc, so this may not be so unusual.

Edited by SedRate

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SedRate said:

This seems fishy to me. The only other entity I'm aware of that asks for something similar prior to interviewing is the FBI. I guess I could see a large corp doing this as a CYA but seems excessive and almost a trap...

Is it a California-based company? I think CA has some state-specific laws/protections regarding intellectual property, proprietary info, etc, so this may not be so unusual.

Never seen this in medicine, but pre-PA this wasn't too unusual if you were applying for a tech startup.

1 hour ago, bobuddy said:

This is a telemedicine job interview for my co-worker - she does have her CA license  - good point on state to state but yes, this is a new start up company also

OMG run

bunch of business hacks (I have an MBA and once played one) and they have not a freekin clue about medicine

They will think they command everything and you should do as you are told

nope, no thanks

Weird to see for a clinician interview.

I signed stuff like that when I was looking to go overseas on a contract (but then Biden won the election, so I declined....glad that worked out so well, huh), but wouldn't expect it on anything else, even with telehealth.

But as other smart folks here have said, it's just asking you not to disclose their information. Not a big deal in itself.

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2023 at 5:38 PM, rev ronin said:

Never seen this in medicine, but pre-PA this wasn't too unusual if you were applying for a tech startup.

My company is a private practice based in CA and had lots of verbiage about proprietary information, intellectual property, etc. More than one would expect for a medical company... I wasn't asked to sign anything pre-interview, though. 

On 1/11/2023 at 6:07 PM, bobuddy said:

This is a telemedicine job interview for my co-worker - she does have her CA license  - good point on state to state but yes, this is a new start up company also

This makes a little more sense given it's more of a tech company. But also raises more flags for me, personally. What's so special about this particular Telemedicine company for which it requires this NDA pre-interview? 

• Upvote 1