Thanks hype21 I asked and I still don't know lol. I'm at a loss for words I contacted the program a few weeks a go idk if or how they fixed it. I hope they don't take back their acceptance that would hurt!!!

lalaland83 im so glad you were accepted especially since you had already lost hope you must be extremely happy and excited .....Did you ever ask what was wrong with your transfer application? how did you fix it?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@iyoojin: For our cycle, the application became available on July 30th and submission started in September if I remember correctly. Although the application is not available yet, my advice is to begin to work on it now. Start to work on your personal statement, very important and time consuming. For mine, I wrote a free style 1st draft, then revised it like a dozen of times before I had my final draft ready. Also, you need to start requesting your letters of recommendations from now so that you can collect them on time and not delay your application. The UAPC one is not a burden, just about an hour or so to complete it, that one you can do around September. Good luck!!

@knifetk4love: I wouldn't claim to know enough about downstate to make a comparison. All my research and energy has been put towards Sophie that it feels like home to me already. The most talented PA's that I know are graduates of Sophie and the program has been around for longer than I have existed and has an excellent reputation. I would advise you to make a list of what you are looking for and value most in a program and then pick the one that is the best fit for you. Good luck!!

Congrats to all those accepted. Sorry I have been a little MIA, but we are coming into finals. Had one on Monday, have a physical diagnosis practical tomorrow, 2 finals on Friday, & 8 finals next wk (2 per day M-Th) (11 total). I'll see you at the orientation dinner in July.

We wish you the very best of luck Yacosta!!! Hard work pays off, you will go on to be an awesome PA!!

Congrats to all those accepted. Sorry I have been a little MIA, but we are coming into finals. Had one on Monday, have a physical diagnosis practical tomorrow, 2 finals on Friday, & 8 finals next wk (2 per day M-Th) (11 total). I'll see you at the orientation dinner in July.

Thanks TJL. I certainly hope so.

Btw, I've been getting quite a few PMs asking about the retreat & orientation. The orientation is 6 wks long. You will be taking classes during that time. As for the retreat, I will let that be a surprise. Don't expect anything too fancy. It is CUNY after all. Lol. It is simple, but nice. The orientation dinner is just an opportunity to meet & greet the faculty, staff, upper classes (myself included) & of course, your fellow classmates. Make sure you are on time. Lateness will not be tolerated.

We wish you the very best of luck Yacosta!!! Hard work pays off, you will go on to be an awesome PA!!

What questions will they ask during the interview? My friend had hers today and wasnt specific about it. She also said the interviewers were nasty and seemed uninterested and one actually "fell asleep"! Has anyone else had an experience like this? I am now super nervous!!

Thanks!

omeleni congratulations on your acceptance and being a part of the 2016 class !! please join our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/164119933756150/ and beging studying some physiology.

Thank you, hype21, same to you :) I'm still finishing my semester. As soon as I done with all the finals- physiology it is.It would be great to find out what particular book we need.

Hey guys!

Congrats again to all those who are accepted!!! I'm so thrilled and I can't wait to meet you all.

I was thinking about having a meet-up among us before orientation begins. We are all going to be in this journey together as a family, we better start getting to know one another much sooner than later. Anyone with ideas, please post! I was thinking a brunch in the city perhaps on June 22nd or June 23rd.

I'd be delighted to meet you all.

TJL

Hey guys!

Congrats again to all those who are accepted!!! I'm so thrilled and I can't wait to meet you all.

I was thinking about having a meet-up among us before orientation begins. We are all going to be in this journey together as a family, we better start getting to know one another much sooner than later. Anyone with ideas, please post! I was thinking a brunch in the city perhaps on June 22nd or June 23rd.

I'd be delighted to meet you all.

TJL

I second that.

Congrats to you on the such a big achievement!

Archived