Congrats!!! I definitely look forward to meeting you all at the dinner. Don't forget that next year, it will be your turn to pay it forward & help the next incoming class. Welcome to PA school!!! Be prepared for the best & worst & most stressful time of your life!!!

ACCEPTED!

OMG! I got an acceptance call!!! I missed their call yesterday at 4pm, and only realized so after 5. I could not wait for this morning to call them back and Ms. Rodriguez delivered the great news to me. I can't even describe in words the way I feel, too good to be true! Blessed I am.

Good luck to all of you.

@Yacosta: Thank you so much for checking up on us every now and then; We really appreciate it. I can't wait to meet you!! :)

TJL

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!!! I definitely look forward to meeting you all at the dinner. Don't forget that next year, it will be your turn to pay it forward & help the next incoming class. Welcome to PA school!!! Be prepared for the best & worst & most stressful time of your life!!!

ACCEPTED!

OMG! I got an acceptance call!!! I missed their call yesterday at 4pm, and only realized so after 5. I could not wait for this morning to call them back and Ms. Rodriguez delivered the great news to me. I can't even describe in words the way I feel, too good to be true! Blessed I am.

Good luck to all of you.

@Yacosta: Thank you so much for checking up on us every now and then; We really appreciate it. I can't wait to meet you!! :)

TJL

ACCEPTED!

Good luck to all of you.

TJL

Hype21, I have to say, that was a fantastic answer!!

Well to be honest they just asked random questions as the interview whent on it wasnt like other interviews i had where they had a paper and just asked the same questions they asked everybody. It was four PA's and they were just basically taking turns asking me questions, honestly the best advice i can give you is dont sound robotic as if your answers were rehearsed. Show some emotion and something personal that shows what kind of person you are and why you want this so bad. I had everything rehearsed but at the last minute i took deep breath and i said "I'm sorry that i sounded so nervous in the beginning the truth is i was tachycardic coming in here and nervousness took over me, but now i feel relaxed and more comfortable. I actually had an interview with Downstate and i didnt like how it went because i sounded robotic and didnt really give them a sense of who i really am and i promised myself that in this interview being my #1 choice school i wouldnt hold anything back in telling you how i feel,...being a PA means everything to me, this school prides itself in accepting minorities, well i am a minority. I come from a family where no one even has a highschool diploma and many are still imigrants, help me inspire my little sisters by showing them that just because we come from a poor and academically challenged family we can still achieve are goals when we are determined. It would be an honor to be a part of this school" that was more or less what i said, i told them something personal and showes true emotion and feeling. But, you also want to give them a sense of confidence. I continued to say "Im passionate and motivated to this program and i will work hard to get the best grades i can get because to me i dont study to pass i study to get A's. I have always been a competitive student and top of my class, i always strive to be a top performer in everything i do and this is the same dedication i will bring to this program. I can promise you 3 things, 1- i will graduate 2- i will pass that pance exam and 3- i will do so by being one of your top students" . Well theese are some of things i said and i really think it was the emotion they seen in me that inspired them to accept me. Good luck everybody!

Well to be honest they just asked random questions as the interview whent on it wasnt like other interviews i had where they had a paper and just asked the same questions they asked everybody. It was four PA's and they were just basically taking turns asking me questions, honestly the best advice i can give you is dont sound robotic as if your answers were rehearsed. Show some emotion and something personal that shows what kind of person you are and why you want this so bad. I had everything rehearsed but at the last minute i took deep breath and i said "I'm sorry that i sounded so nervous in the beginning the truth is i was tachycardic coming in here and nervousness took over me, but now i feel relaxed and more comfortable. I actually had an interview with Downstate and i didnt like how it went because i sounded robotic and didnt really give them a sense of who i really am and i promised myself that in this interview being my #1 choice school i wouldnt hold anything back in telling you how i feel,...being a PA means everything to me, this school prides itself in accepting minorities, well i am a minority. I come from a family where no one even has a highschool diploma and many are still imigrants, help me inspire my little sisters by showing them that just because we come from a poor and academically challenged family we can still achieve are goals when we are determined. It would be an honor to be a part of this school" that was more or less what i said, i told them something personal and showes true emotion and feeling. But, you also want to give them a sense of confidence. I continued to say "Im passionate and motivated to this program and i will work hard to get the best grades i can get because to me i dont study to pass i study to get A's. I have always been a competitive student and top of my class, i always strive to be a top performer in everything i do and this is the same dedication i will bring to this program. I can promise you 3 things, 1- i will graduate 2- i will pass that pance exam and 3- i will do so by being one of your top students" . Well theese are some of things i said and i really think it was the emotion they seen in me that inspired them to accept me. Good luck everybody!

For those of you accepted, my suggestion is to start studying now. Trust me, you get hit hard from the beginning, even though summer is relatively easy (compared to the rest of the program). Start studying physiology now. You will have Dr Garvey & she is brilliant but she does not play!! The course is incredibly fast paced!!! We used Medical Physiology by Guyton & Hall last year.

For those of you accepted, my suggestion is to start studying now. Trust me, you get hit hard from the beginning, even though summer is relatively easy (compared to the rest of the program). Start studying physiology now. You will have Dr Garvey & she is brilliant but she does not play!! The course is incredibly fast paced!!! We used Medical Physiology by Guyton & Hall last year.

Thanks !! yacosta815 im so glad to be a part of the new class....its really a dream come true being accepted to Sophie Davis, this school really was my number 1 choice for so many reasons! i want to be a part of medical jeopardy !! and the way the school itself looks from the outside is just beutiful, one can only imagine how the classes are from the inside. As i get to know the school more i realize its a perfect match for me like an enzyme and a substrate! LOL

Yacosta: can you please tell us more about the school from the inside? hows the teaching staff? is all the equipment hightech? eleborate more on your life there as a student? anything a future sudent should know?

Thanks !! yacosta815 im so glad to be a part of the new class....its really a dream come true being accepted to Sophie Davis, this school really was my number 1 choice for so many reasons! i want to be a part of medical jeopardy !! and the way the school itself looks from the outside is just beutiful, one can only imagine how the classes are from the inside. As i get to know the school more i realize its a perfect match for me like an enzyme and a substrate! LOL

Yacosta: can you please tell us more about the school from the inside? hows the teaching staff? is all the equipment hightech? eleborate more on your life there as a student? anything a future sudent should know?

It means they will help you to understand the pre requisites and requirements of the program. That's for those who didn't get accepted because of they're academically ineligible. I guess you can schedule an appointment with ms. Brown she really helped me to take the right classes for the program.

Archived