It means they will help you to understand the pre requisites and requirements of the program. That's for those who didn't get accepted because of they're academically ineligible. I guess you can schedule an appointment with ms. Brown she really helped me to take the right classes for the program.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means they will help you to understand the pre requisites and requirements of the program. That's for those who didn't get accepted because of they're academically ineligible. I guess you can schedule an appointment with ms. Brown she really helped me to take the right classes for the program.

New comer here. I just read this thread from the very beginning until the end. Congratulations to the ones that already got accepted! For those that were not, don't lose hope! Hopefully, you get accepted to the other schools you applied to or re-apply next year.

I'd like to point out how wonderful and emotional your answer was hype21! I feel emotional just reading your response so congrats! You deserve this!

Lastly, thanks so much to Yacosta for all the answers and insights in this thread! I learned a lot reading through all the posts!

Well to be honest they just asked random questions as the interview whent on it wasnt like other interviews i had where they had a paper and just asked the same questions they asked everybody. It was four PA's and they were just basically taking turns asking me questions, honestly the best advice i can give you is dont sound robotic as if your answers were rehearsed. Show some emotion and something personal that shows what kind of person you are and why you want this so bad. I had everything rehearsed but at the last minute i took deep breath and i said "I'm sorry that i sounded so nervous in the beginning the truth is i was tachycardic coming in here and nervousness took over me, but now i feel relaxed and more comfortable. I actually had an interview with Downstate and i didnt like how it went because i sounded robotic and didnt really give them a sense of who i really am and i promised myself that in this interview being my #1 choice school i wouldnt hold anything back in telling you how i feel,...being a PA means everything to me, this school prides itself in accepting minorities, well i am a minority. I come from a family where no one even has a highschool diploma and many are still imigrants, help me inspire my little sisters by showing them that just because we come from a poor and academically challenged family we can still achieve are goals when we are determined. It would be an honor to be a part of this school" that was more or less what i said, i told them something personal and showes true emotion and feeling. But, you also want to give them a sense of confidence. I continued to say "Im passionate and motivated to this program and i will work hard to get the best grades i can get because to me i dont study to pass i study to get A's. I have always been a competitive student and top of my class, i always strive to be a top performer in everything i do and this is the same dedication i will bring to this program. I can promise you 3 things, 1- i will graduate 2- i will pass that pance exam and 3- i will do so by being one of your top students" . Well theese are some of things i said and i really think it was the emotion they seen in me that inspired them to accept me. Good luck everybody!

New comer here. I just read this thread from the very beginning until the end. Congratulations to the ones that already got accepted! For those that were not, don't lose hope! Hopefully, you get accepted to the other schools you applied to or re-apply next year.

I'd like to point out how wonderful and emotional your answer was hype21! I feel emotional just reading your response so congrats! You deserve this!

Lastly, thanks so much to Yacosta for all the answers and insights in this thread! I learned a lot reading through all the posts!

Well to be honest they just asked random questions as the interview whent on it wasnt like other interviews i had where they had a paper and just asked the same questions they asked everybody. It was four PA's and they were just basically taking turns asking me questions, honestly the best advice i can give you is dont sound robotic as if your answers were rehearsed. Show some emotion and something personal that shows what kind of person you are and why you want this so bad. I had everything rehearsed but at the last minute i took deep breath and i said "I'm sorry that i sounded so nervous in the beginning the truth is i was tachycardic coming in here and nervousness took over me, but now i feel relaxed and more comfortable. I actually had an interview with Downstate and i didnt like how it went because i sounded robotic and didnt really give them a sense of who i really am and i promised myself that in this interview being my #1 choice school i wouldnt hold anything back in telling you how i feel,...being a PA means everything to me, this school prides itself in accepting minorities, well i am a minority. I come from a family where no one even has a highschool diploma and many are still imigrants, help me inspire my little sisters by showing them that just because we come from a poor and academically challenged family we can still achieve are goals when we are determined. It would be an honor to be a part of this school" that was more or less what i said, i told them something personal and showes true emotion and feeling. But, you also want to give them a sense of confidence. I continued to say "Im passionate and motivated to this program and i will work hard to get the best grades i can get because to me i dont study to pass i study to get A's. I have always been a competitive student and top of my class, i always strive to be a top performer in everything i do and this is the same dedication i will bring to this program. I can promise you 3 things, 1- i will graduate 2- i will pass that pance exam and 3- i will do so by being one of your top students" . Well theese are some of things i said and i really think it was the emotion they seen in me that inspired them to accept me. Good luck everybody!

Thank you Fordbiggs! I hope it help anyone who interviews because sometimes we come to an interview so prepared that we just keep on talking and forget to show emotion! This is an emotional time in our life and we should fight for our seat and show the emotion, after all the committee is human.

Thank you Fordbiggs! I hope it help anyone who interviews because sometimes we come to an interview so prepared that we just keep on talking and forget to show emotion! This is an emotional time in our life and we should fight for our seat and show the emotion, after all the committee is human.

Indeed! It would be nice if we can start getting to know each other ahead of time. After all, we're soon going to be a family. "Class of 2016", I am so thrilled. I cannot wait to begin this journey, on my way to become a PA :)

If anyone else gets accepted please let us know!! i'm trying to create a group on Facebook !

Indeed! It would be nice if we can start getting to know each other ahead of time. After all, we're soon going to be a family. "Class of 2016", I am so thrilled. I cannot wait to begin this journey, on my way to become a PA :)

If anyone else gets accepted please let us know!! i'm trying to create a group on Facebook !

Yes I did they sent it a few hours after they called, just keep checking it's going to come. Congratulations to you!!!!!

I received the acceptance call today too. I was told that I will receive an e-mail today which will tell me what to do next, but haven't received it yet. Did you receive the e-mail lalaland83?

FINALLY!! I am so glad to hear good news!...Congratulations to you both on being accepted to the best PA program in NYC!...i am trying to create a Facebook page, so private message me with your FB page so i can create the group! its time to get to know the class of 2016!

Archived