2022-2023 Application cycle

2 hours ago, PA0802 said:

Have you gotten an email with the actually interview date yet? Just asking because I was also invited for an interview on 7/22 and chose for an in-person interview but have not received the actual date for the interview yet. I was verified in early June. 

I haven't received the actual date yet. I also opted for an in-person interview. 

11 hours ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Just got an interview invite this AM! I opted for an in person interview. I dont not know a date yet, but it was stated it could take a few weeks to hear back.

Also, I am a Low GPA applicant, but I excel on other parts of my profile. so wanted to post this to provide encouragement for others in my position.

Hey! Was wondering when you were verified, and what your GPA was if you're comfortable with sharing. Also a low GPA applicant and I feel like the rest of my application is great.

42 minutes ago, Soybeans said:

Hey! Was wondering when you were verified, and what your GPA was if you're comfortable with sharing. Also a low GPA applicant and I feel like the rest of my application is great.

Hello, I have no shame in sharing my GPA. I made dumb mistakes in college. What matters is that I grew from them.

I submitted my app on 05/27. I was verified 05/31. Recieved an email for the next level of review on 07/27 and recieved interview invite this morning 08/08.

•3.2 cGPA, 3.05 sGPA, 3.90 post bacc GPA.

•~5000 hours PCE ranging from EMT, assistant athletic trainer, and lead neurosurgery medical assistant.

•100 hours of PA shadowing, 40 volunteer hours, thousands of hours of leadership experience (I was a restaurant supervisor immediately after college, and have been the lead medical assistant at neurosurgery for about 7 months)

•5 very strong LOR and personal statement/supplemental essays.

•315 GRE (160 verbal, 155 Quant, 4.0 writing). Not a requirement for rutgers. But it's still in the CASPA application, so who knows maybe they glanced at it?

So outside of the GPA I excelled in the rest of my application. So have faith. There are programs out there (which rutgers is apparently one of them) that will look at you as someone who is defined by more than their GPA.

Edited by Thisyearistheyear
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Cheetah111 said:

Seems like everyone who is invited for an interview received an email that their app moved onto the next round of screening first.. Received/verified by Rutgers 6/22 and have not heard anything - should I be worried? /: 

I would not worry. They stated on my interview email they will be conducting interviews until December. I was verified for 2 months before I heard anything.

Edited by Thisyearistheyear
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, PA0802 said:

Have you gotten an email with the actually interview date yet? Just asking because I was also invited for an interview on 7/22 and chose for an in-person interview but have not received the actual date for the interview yet. I was verified in early June. 

i'm in the same situation! hopefully they reply soon. 

35 minutes ago, aec22 said:

Okay awesome! I refresh my email every 10 mins so I was hoping I wasn’t alone haha 🙂 good luck to you!

Hey don’t stress about it. They will get back to you with your date. It took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me with my date after choosing the in person interview 

15 minutes ago, PA0802 said:

Hey don’t stress about it. They will get back to you with your date. It took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me with my date after choosing the in person interview 

Thank you for this!! Trying to stay calm throughout this whole process haha 😁