2022-2023 Application cycle

3 hours ago, alyssamd said:

Hi guys! I know many of us are awaiting decisions from RUPA. I was accepted into another program this week, but Rutgers is truly my top choice and I don't feel I can make a decision without knowing if I am accepted to Rutgers or not. Does anyone feel it is okay to ask for an update on my decision so I can choose to put a deposit down at the other school or not. I only have until the end of November to decide. My last update from rutgers was mid october and was essentially that "unofficial waitlist" email. 

Based on last year's forums, applicants were given expedited decisions when they let Rutgers adcom know that they had acceptances to other programs. I would get in touch with them! Congrats on your acceptance 🙂

Hi! For those who interviewed 11/9, how did you feel your individual interviews went? I have been putting off posting about this because I am very upset about the whole ordeal, and Im debating on whether or not to reach out to the program. My interview was terrible. I was prepared and very much excited to interview with RUPA, especially since I am a third time applicant to their program and this is the first year I’ve been given the opportunity to interview. The three people I had in my group were not welcoming whatsoever, and I received maybe one smile the entire time. The alumni in my 3 on 1 was literally at work during the interview, which I found very unprofessional. I also do not feel they asked anything about ME specifically, so I worry they don’t really know who I am as a person, but rather only know my greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. After a few of my answers, the current faculty I had made comments that were negative. This could just be the way I interpreted it, and maybe they purposefully did this to see how I would react. I maintained a smile throughout the interview and answered to the best I could, however, I feel like my nerves were at an all time high due to the way they were acting. I’ve never had an interview like this, and even if I get accepted, I worry about accepting the seat in the program as I did not feel welcomed at all. What do you guys think I should do? This whole situation has been driving me crazy since it happened. 

9 minutes ago, Alope143 said:

I felt the same way..thought I was the only one. Interviewed on 11/8. When I entered the room, no smiles or welcoming. Which made me nervous. Not sure if it was because I felt they didn’t like me or because it was a last minute interview (they reached out 11/7 to asked to interview 11/8). When I was asked “why PA” one of them cut me off saying “okay we get it” and I completely shut down…I also didn’t want to post anything bad because I thought it was me and me alone. That maybe I did something bad.

WOW, while I am happy I’m not alone in this, I feel so sorry that you had to experience this as well! That’s crazy you interviewed with one days notice. Props for that! This just makes me nervous to accept a position in the class, if given the opportunity. 

At the end of my interview I asked “what is you guys’ favorite aspect of THIS program?” And the two faculty said “our alumni would be best fit to answer” and then wouldn’t answer my question. I found it to be so rude and uninformative ☹️ Ugh, I cried for like three days after lmao

3 hours ago, aspiringpafrompa98 said:

WOW, while I am happy I’m not alone in this, I feel so sorry that you had to experience this as well! That’s crazy you interviewed with one days notice. Props for that! This just makes me nervous to accept a position in the class, if given the opportunity. 

At the end of my interview I asked “what is you guys’ favorite aspect of THIS program?” And the two faculty said “our alumni would be best fit to answer” and then wouldn’t answer my question. I found it to be so rude and uninformative ☹️ Ugh, I cried for like three days after lmao

Oh man I am sorry that was your experience 😞

I interviewed 08/23 (still waiting to hear back omg) and i felt very welcomed and they were very attentive and kind. I also interviewed before the semester started, so I wonder if they were a little more lax... still though, I am sorry you had that experience.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Thisyearistheyear said:

Oh man I am sorry that was your experience 😞

I interviewed 08/23 (still waiting to hear back omg) and i felt very welcomed and they were very attentive and kind. I also interviewed before the semester started, so I wonder if they were a little more lax... still though, I am sorry you had that experience.

I agree I'm sorry that was your experience! 

But the interviewers I had were very friendly and definitely wanted to know more about me.

(Interviewed 07/12) Also didn't hear back 🥴

Edited by FuturePA096

On 11/15/2022 at 8:44 AM, aspiringpafrompa98 said:

Hi! For those who interviewed 11/9, how did you feel your individual interviews went? I have been putting off posting about this because I am very upset about the whole ordeal, and Im debating on whether or not to reach out to the program. My interview was terrible. I was prepared and very much excited to interview with RUPA, especially since I am a third time applicant to their program and this is the first year I’ve been given the opportunity to interview. The three people I had in my group were not welcoming whatsoever, and I received maybe one smile the entire time. The alumni in my 3 on 1 was literally at work during the interview, which I found very unprofessional. I also do not feel they asked anything about ME specifically, so I worry they don’t really know who I am as a person, but rather only know my greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. After a few of my answers, the current faculty I had made comments that were negative. This could just be the way I interpreted it, and maybe they purposefully did this to see how I would react. I maintained a smile throughout the interview and answered to the best I could, however, I feel like my nerves were at an all time high due to the way they were acting. I’ve never had an interview like this, and even if I get accepted, I worry about accepting the seat in the program as I did not feel welcomed at all. What do you guys think I should do? This whole situation has been driving me crazy since it happened. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Alope143 said:

I felt the same way..thought I was the only one. Interviewed on 11/8. When I entered the room, no smiles or welcoming. Which made me nervous. Not sure if it was because I felt they didn’t like me or because it was a last minute interview (they reached out 11/7 to asked to interview 11/8). When I was asked “why PA” one of them cut me off saying “okay we get it” and I completely shut down…I also didn’t want to post anything bad because I thought it was me and me alone. That maybe I did something bad.

Lol imagine if we had the same interviewers. I was very disappointed with my interview, especially because everyone described the most amazing interview experiences and mine was decidedly … not amazing. They were all clearly disinterested and it wasn’t until it was time for me to ask them questions that I realized the faculty didn’t even introduce their roles with the program. Turns out their approach to advising students/engaging with students is very apathetic.

Edited by dezi19

4 hours ago, dezi19 said:

Lol imagine if we had the same interviewers. I was very disappointed with my interview, especially because everyone described the most amazing interview experiences and mine was decidedly … not amazing. They were all clearly disinterested and it wasn’t until it was time for me to ask them questions that I realized the faculty didn’t even introduce their roles with the program. Turns out neither of them are healthcare providers and their approach to advising students/engaging with students is very apathetic.

Omg!! My interviewers also did not tell me what they did within the program. I only knew their names. When did you interview? I’m really wondering if we should reach out to the program. At the end of the day, it’s not fair if we end up being denied just because our interviewers don’t care about the whole process. I feel they don’t even know who I am so how can they make a decision? It also doesn’t reflect well on the program. Would you be willing to message me who you interviewed with if you remember their names? 

6 minutes ago, PA2be15 said:

Just received an interview invite this morning for a virtual interview!! I am beyond excited/nervous. I was not given the option for in person vs. virtual like many others have but I'm not complaining! Anyone else receive an interview? Also, any advice would be appreciated! 

Congratulations!! If you're ok with me asking, did you receive an email prior to getting an invite that your application moved onto the next round of screening? If so, how long did it take for you to get the interview invite after that email? I received that email the other week and now can't stop checking for an invite (fingers crossed).

31 minutes ago, ilovemyhamsters said:

Anyone Interview in person 11/1? They told me I will hear back in 2-4 weeks. Ugh anyone hear back. The anxiety is killing me. 

I’m assuming that they are trying to get the last couple interview sessions done before making any final decisions. That’s just me basing it off of this forum thread and the fact that not many others haven’t posted acceptances since August. But you never know! You might hear back soon friend 🙂 I’m still waiting from the 9/27 session.

Edited by Ecaparoso

3 hours ago, EfuturePA said:

Congratulations!! If you're ok with me asking, did you receive an email prior to getting an invite that your application moved onto the next round of screening? If so, how long did it take for you to get the interview invite after that email? I received that email the other week and now can't stop checking for an invite (fingers crossed).

Yes I did. I received that email end of August and haven't heard anything until today so you can imagine how I almost cried when opening that email. Trust the process! 

8 hours ago, Ecaparoso said:

I’m assuming that they are trying to get the last couple interview sessions done before making any final decisions. That’s just me basing it off of this forum thread and the fact that not many others haven’t posted acceptances since August. But you never know! You might hear back soon friend 🙂 I’m still waiting from the 9/27 session.

Facts I'm still waiting from 7/12 LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ilovemyhamsters said:

Oh wow did they tell you after your interview you would hear back in 2-4 weeks or nah? Maybe they told me that just to say it and I’m actually gonna need to wait longer because Interviews are still going on! 

They told me 2-4 weeks and I’ve been waiting since 9/13. I think they’re waiting till all interviews are done in December which is odd bc they’re rolling admissions 

6 hours ago, ilovemyhamsters said:

Oh wow did they tell you after your interview you would hear back in 2-4 weeks or nah? Maybe they told me that just to say it and I’m actually gonna need to wait longer because Interviews are still going on! 

Yeah during the interview they said we should hear an update within 2 weeks. Within 2 weeks I got an email saying my file is under the review of the Admissions Committee but they will finish interviewing in December and I will get an update asap. 

Edited by FuturePA096
  • Like 1