Application Cycle 2021-2022

3 hours ago, Coffeegirl said:

Verified on 5/20 and got an interview invite on 6/11 for 7/6. Has anyone gotten a confirmation email after you accepted your interview invite? I’m having some email issues so I want to make sure they get my email lol

Not yet but I am going to wait patiently as they may be sorting through many responses. Congratulations to everyone who has received an invite. To those still waiting, there is still plenty of time to hear back. Do not be discouraged!!! 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coffeegirl said:

Verified on 5/20 and got an interview invite on 6/11 for 7/6. Has anyone gotten a confirmation email after you accepted your interview invite? I’m having some email issues so I want to make sure they get my email lol

I didn't get a confirmation either, so I'm glad you posted. Maybe they'll send us more information closer to the date.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coffeegirl said:

I didn't get a confirmation either! Hopefully this week after the deadline tomorrow passes

• Thanks 1

Guys one more question. For those of you who got interviews, did you ever get an email saying your application was complete or you met all of the requirements? I’ve been getting those emails from other schools but never got one from Pitt so I have no idea if my application was like complete?

57 minutes ago, pbluver97 said:

Guys one more question. For those of you who got interviews, did you ever get an email saying your application was complete or you met all of the requirements? I’ve been getting those emails from other schools but never got one from Pitt so I have no idea if my application was like complete?

I got the “your CASPA application has been received” from Pitt like a day after my application was verified. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kayywri said:

Congratulations! Mind sharing stats?

Yes!

cGPA: 3.73

sGPA: 3.72

PCE: 1300 split between MA (dermatology and pediatrics) and PT Aide

HCE: Like 200 as a dietary aide

Volunteer: About 180 from a food bank and patient transporter in a EKG lab. I also was a mentor in my sophomore year.

LORs- Dermatologist i worked for, general chemistry 2 professor, advisor

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Pitt PA didactic student currently and I wanted to tell you all good luck and let you know to follow/look at @pittpastudents on Instagram to see what we are up to as well as some student highlights from our didactic cohort. 

I'll be in an interview room on July 6th so congratulations to those of you who will be interviewing that day and I may see you there! We'll also have a handful of didactic and clinical year students at the interviews to answer your questions in a Q&A room. 

Feel free to send me a message with questions you may have 🙂

9 hours ago, sshain said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Pitt PA didactic student currently and I wanted to tell you all good luck and let you know to follow/look at @pittpastudents on Instagram to see what we are up to as well as some student highlights from our didactic cohort. 

I'll be in an interview room on July 6th so congratulations to those of you who will be interviewing that day and I may see you there! We'll also have a handful of didactic and clinical year students at the interviews to answer your questions in a Q&A room. 

Feel free to send me a message with questions you may have 🙂

Omg thank you for reaching out. Any tips besides reading the mission? 

1 hour ago, detay98 said:

Omg thank you for reaching out. Any tips besides reading the mission? 

Last year they had some unorthodox questions compared to other programs where I interviewed so just be prepared to think on your toes and be yourself! I think the most important thing to remember on interview day is that they KNOW you are qualified to be in the program and they want to see who you are and what you'll bring to the 2023 cohort. 

Also, they were really stone faced in our interviews last year and they'll likely be the same for you (try not to take that personally). We also had a good amount of people that were able to get spots off of the waitlist (I was one of them). If that happens to you, it isn't the end of the world!

We have two really great student organizations within our class as well that I forgot to mention if you want to ask questions about them during your Q&A sessions. They are: PASS (PA Student Society) and PASPDI (PA Students Promoting Diversity & Inclusion). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sshain said:

Last year they had some unorthodox questions compared to other programs where I interviewed so just be prepared to think on your toes and be yourself! I think the most important thing to remember on interview day is that they KNOW you are qualified to be in the program and they want to see who you are and what you'll bring to the 2023 cohort. 

Also, they were really stone faced in our interviews last year and they'll likely be the same for you (try not to take that personally). We also had a good amount of people that were able to get spots off of the waitlist (I was one of them). If that happens to you, it isn't the end of the world!

We have two really great student organizations within our class as well that I forgot to mention if you want to ask questions about them during your Q&A sessions. They are: PASS (PA Student Society) and PASPDI (PA Students Promoting Diversity & Inclusion). 

Ahh this made me nervous 😭 Pitt is one of my top choices and I’ll definitely be heartbroken if I don’t get in!