Application Cycle 2021-2022

1 hour ago, Coffeegirl said:

I've heard people getting off the waitlist pretty frequently last cycle too. Good luck with everything!!!

The interview was very straight forward and short. I think it was your standard questions, and be sure to know the PA profession well. There was a student Q&A when you are waiting for your individual interview, and a short faculty Q&A after everyone has finished interviewing. Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you so much! Congrats on your acceptance, that’s amazing 😊 I hope to be joining you in January!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cloisonne said:

Congrats to everyone receiving acceptances!

I am interviewing tomorrow morning. Feeling pretty nervous but excited. Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow!

Congrats on your interview and wishing you all best. I was confused with interview dates and was hoping you could give some insight. Are there interview dates spread throughout the summer for Upitt? I though they only have four interview days? The next two are September and November based on the program's website but are they not adhering to these dates?

Edited by strawberry9090

5 minutes ago, strawberry9090 said:

Congrats on your interview and wishing you all best. I was confused with interview dates and was hoping you could give some insight. Are there interview dates spread throughout the summer for Upitt? I though they only have four interview days? The next two are September and November based on the program's website but are they not adhering to these dates?

Here are the interview dates for this year.

https://www.shrs.pitt.edu/PAProgram/admission/interview-process

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted yesterday and good luck to those who are interviewing today! 🙂

Our class made a GroupMe for everyone that was accepted. It is helpful to talk about all of the paperwork that needs to be done before matriculation and we still use it regularly

Feel free to reach out with further questions about the program! 

-Steph S. PA-S1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aPAprospect said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who have been accepted! I’m wondering if anyone that has received an interview so far had stated on their application that they were also applying to the hybrid program. Thanks in advance!

I called back in June to ask more about the structure of the hybrid program and they told me they probably wouldn’t be offering interviews until august. (I also applied to both)

2 minutes ago, Meghan228752 said:

I called back in June to ask more about the structure of the hybrid program and they told me they probably wouldn’t be offering interviews until august. (I also applied to both)

I spoke with the admissions counsellor for the program just the other day and she told me that we would likely be hearing from them very soon. Takes about 6-8 weeks for them to review the applications.

Did anyone else receive an email that their caspa application was received and is in queue to be reviewed by the admissions committee? I’m a little bit worried because I got an email on 06/07 that my application was received but only now got an email that my application is in review. Did anyone else get something similar?

1 hour ago, Sammipa said:

@2021pabound I did too. I am really confused. I am hoping that means good news. I also think its weird that I received that email right after I talked with Nina the admissions counselor for Pitt's Hybrid program and received an acceptance to another school. 

That’s exactly the situation I’m in! Just chatted with her a couple days ago. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for us that it is good news. Did you get an email that said the program received your application prior to this new one? Also congrats to your other acceptance!

Edited by 2021pabound