Application Cycle 2021-2022

16 hours ago, Ambulance2ER said:

Congrats!! When you accepted your interview invite via email did you get any sort of response that they received your response? I was expecting to get some sort of a confirmation, perhaps a notification that I would get more information as my interview date got closer. I just want to ensure that they received my acceptance of the interview but also do not want to double email admissions. 

Nope, no confirmation. Hopefully by the end of the week they’ll reply. When’s your interview?

24 minutes ago, KKmagic said:

Just received the "decision pending" (aka rejected) e-mail.  Very bummed but excited for all of you that got accepted!

Same here! This is the second one I’ve received. A little discouraged because I’m a Pitt grad and was hoping to stay in the area, but oh well! I applied to the hybrid program and I’m still waiting to hear back, so fingers crossed! Congratulations to everyone that got accepted!!🥳🤗

hi guys posting to provide you some insight/maybe hope. i applied what i considered to be late and received an email saying the program received my application 7/29. on 8/13 i received a decision-pending email like some of you have mentioned, so i figured i just applied too late and was out of the game

on 9/10 i was invited to interview on 11/16. i'm surprised because it seems like a lot of people have already been accepted. stats for some background: both c and s gpa: 3.9+ pce: 2000+ gre:312, out of state applicant. i feel like this interview might just potentially land me on the waitlist since it seems very late for their admissions timeline but grateful for the opportunity

55 minutes ago, mbryan said:

hi guys posting to provide you some insight/maybe hope. i applied what i considered to be late and received an email saying the program received my application 7/29. on 8/13 i received a decision-pending email like some of you have mentioned, so i figured i just applied too late and was out of the game

on 9/10 i was invited to interview on 11/16. i'm surprised because it seems like a lot of people have already been accepted. stats for some background: both c and s gpa: 3.9+ pce: 2000+ gre:312, out of state applicant. i feel like this interview might just potentially land me on the waitlist since it seems very late for their admissions timeline but grateful for the opportunity

Congratulations!

Hi everyone 🙂

I wanted to reach out to congratulate everyone on interviews and acceptances. I sent a message in this chain earlier, but please feel free to send me messages with any questions you may have.  I know the process can be very overwhelming. I was also wait-listed for the Pitt program for anyone with specific questions about that. 

I am currently a didactic student and I am the vice president of the physician assistant student society (PASS) at Pitt. We have created a committee that will be pairing up mentors and mentees for your class and more information will be coming for that soon. 

I will also be spearheading the tutoring/review program for your class and starting a clinical year lecture series that will help you all throughout your clinical medicine classes in the didactic year. 

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Do you have a GroupMe set up where I can message incoming students and disseminate information? If you do, it would be great for you to create a separate one with me in it so I can send mentor/mentee and tutoring information. The facebook group would also work!

2. If that doesn't work for you all, is there someone who would be willing to be my Class of 2023 liaison? 

We are looking forward to meeting you all & good luck to everyone with the rest of your interview process.

Steph S. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sshain said:

Hi everyone 🙂

I wanted to reach out to congratulate everyone on interviews and acceptances. I sent a message in this chain earlier, but please feel free to send me messages with any questions you may have.  I know the process can be very overwhelming. I was also wait-listed for the Pitt program for anyone with specific questions about that. 

I am currently a didactic student and I am the vice president of the physician assistant student society (PASS) at Pitt. We have created a committee that will be pairing up mentors and mentees for your class and more information will be coming for that soon. 

I will also be spearheading the tutoring/review program for your class and starting a clinical year lecture series that will help you all throughout your clinical medicine classes in the didactic year. 

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Do you have a GroupMe set up where I can message incoming students and disseminate information? If you do, it would be great for you to create a separate one with me in it so I can send mentor/mentee and tutoring information. The facebook group would also work!

2. If that doesn't work for you all, is there someone who would be willing to be my Class of 2023 liaison? 

We are looking forward to meeting you all & good luck to everyone with the rest of your interview process.

Steph S. 

Hey Steph, 

our Facebook is University Of Pittsburgh PA Studies ‘23. Feel free to join the group and from there you can find the groupme information. Thanks for all the help! 

• Like 2