Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

10 minutes ago, AKhai said:

Got an email saying I was waitlisted. A bit frustrating since it’s the 3rd school that has done that but keeping my head up!

Interviewed: 11/4

Ugh I’m sorry, BUT between 3 waitlists I bet there’s a very very good chance you’ll get pulled for one of them and be a PA! 

5 hours ago, AKhai said:

Got an email saying I was waitlisted. A bit frustrating since it’s the 3rd school that has done that but keeping my head up!

Interviewed: 11/4

I'm in the same boat. 3 interviews and 3 waitlists. So I feel that as well, but hoping there's time for movement somewhere and maybe a few more interview too. 

19 hours ago, alysd said:

Hey, just heads-up for anyone who got accepted this past week and is paranoid like me that we hadn't gotten an email confirmation yet and maybe I just dreamed the entire thing (lol)

I reached out and was told that they're busy with interviews this week but we'll be getting something soon and not to worry 🙂

Thank you! Not having it in writing somewhere was giving me anxiety lol

Hi all!! 

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I got in! I got the call earlier today around 10:50am in case anyone who interviewed yesterday is wondering. 😅

Applied: 8/11

interview: 11/18

acceptance:11/19 

Wow, I’m still in shock! I’m a first generation, non-traditional student with pretty low gpa! This was my first cycle.

My stats are below:

Overall: 3.14 and Science: 3.05 (keep in mind I graduated with ~2.8/2.68 GPAs and have been working diligently for the past almost 10 years to move it up)

PCE: >4000 as clinical research coordinator HCE: >6000 as health education coordinator, program coordinator etc all at a FQHC.

teacher/tutor: >7000hrs
Shadowing: >50hrs with 40 in person! Volunteer: >200hrs

LOR: PA, MD, NP, microbio professor 

I’m writing all this to prove that if you keep at it, you’ll get in! Apply when you are actually ready- meaning exceeding the PCE hours, shadowing, GPAs. Do what it takes to raise your gpa if you’re in a similar boat to me and most of all, never lose sight of your why! Everyone else will be on their journey, it only matters where you are in YOUR journey. Read the mission statements and see if you match it! Keep at it! It only takes one school, I’m going to be a PA!! 💕

tldr; I got in, low gpa/first-time applicant! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YayareaPA said:

Hi all!! 

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I got in! I got the call earlier today around 10:50am in case anyone who interviewed yesterday is wondering. 😅

Applied: 8/11

interview: 11/18

acceptance:11/19 

Wow, I’m still in shock! I’m a first generation, non-traditional student with pretty low gpa! This was my first cycle.

My stats are below:

Overall: 3.14 and Science: 3.05 (keep in mind I graduated with ~2.8/2.68 GPAs and have been working diligently for the past almost 10 years to move it up)

PCE: >4000 as clinical research coordinator HCE: >6000 as health education coordinator, program coordinator etc all at a FQHC.

teacher/tutor: >7000hrs
Shadowing: >50hrs with 40 in person! Volunteer: >200hrs

LOR: PA, MD, NP, microbio professor 

I’m writing all this to prove that if you keep at it, you’ll get in! Apply when you are actually ready- meaning exceeding the PCE hours, shadowing, GPAs. Do what it takes to raise your gpa if you’re in a similar boat to me and most of all, never lose sight of your why! Everyone else will be on their journey, it only matters where you are in YOUR journey. Read the mission statements and see if you match it! Keep at it! It only takes one school, I’m going to be a PA!! 💕

tldr; I got in, low gpa/first-time applicant! 

Congratulations! You’re a great example for everyone to follow. Love the perseverance. You deserve this day. Make sure to celebrate with your loved ones!

Again, congratulations!

• Like 1

I interviewed yesterday and also received an acceptance call around 10:50 this morning! 4 time applicant with a low GPA but very high amount of PCE/HCE. 

Hoping everyone receives the news they want to hear soon, whether it’s from this program or another. You’ll end up where you’re meant to be. Never give up and remember ANYTHING is possible!

• Like 4

On 12/1/2021 at 1:42 AM, PrePAmember said:

Anyone who’s interviewing next week Dec 9 would like to do a little virtual meetup before!? Kinda to get to know each other before the actual interview? I would love to meet and chat with y’all! Let me know!

Hello! I would love to participate in this! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vngo93 said:

For those interviewing on Thursday, 12/9/2021 - What day and time would ya'll like to set up a Pre-Interview Meet Up?

Wednesday, 12/8/2021 at 7:00 PM?

Tuesday, 12/7/2021 at 7:00 PM?

Thank you!

I was thinking Wednesday at 6-7 pm PDT. I’m not sure if that’s too late for those who live in different time zone as me.