Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

2 hours ago, alysd said:

Just got an invitation to interview on 11/4!!! This is my top choice school and 3rd year applying. I am in shock and so ecstatic 😭

Applied 7/20, confirmation & under review 8/19, invitation today 9/15.

Good luck to all still waiting - there are many months of interviews ahead for this program, so don't get discouraged! Last year they continued interviewing all the way through April. 💖

Congrats! I also got an interview invite for the same day today! Touro is also my top choice school, so I am both excited and extremely nervous!

I applied 5/28, received my confirmation 7/1, was initially rejected 7/14, had my application re-reviewed and was offered an interview today 9/15. Good luck to everyone who was offered an interview and to those still waiting to hear back!

• Like 4

Just now, Capricorn said:

Congrats! I also got an interview invite for the same day today! Touro is also my top choice school, so I am both excited and extremely nervous!

I applied 5/28, received my confirmation 7/1, was initially rejected 7/14, had my application re-reviewed and was offered an interview today 9/15. Good luck to everyone who was offered an interview and to those still waiting to hear back!

Hello!! Congratulations on the interview. Were you informed via email?

22 hours ago, dqmalone17 said:

Would anyone who has an upcoming interview mind sharing their stats and when they applied?

34/F

3rd time applicant

cGPA 3.09

sGPA 3.66

Last 60 units 3.78

PCE ~4,000 hours as MA & Scribe (less if you don’t count scribing)

HCE ~1,000 hours 

Volunteering ~800 hours

PA shadowing 44 hours

GRE 314, 5.0 (though I don’t think they look at it)

LOR from PA, 2 MDs, & director of volunteer clinic 

Some of their feedback from previous years was I didn’t have enough hands-on experience & science coursework compared to other applicants, so the past year I got a new more hands-on job & took more science classes. Also changed 2 of my LOR. Relentless forward progress is key!

Edited by alysd
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, alysd said:

34/F

3rd time applicant

cGPA 3.09

sGPA 3.66

Last 60 units 3.78

PCE ~4,000 hours as MA & Scribe (less if you don’t count scribing)

HCE ~1,000 hours 

Volunteering ~800 hours

PA shadowing 44 hours

GRE 314, 5.0 (though I don’t think they look at it)

LOR from PA, 2 MDs, & director of volunteer clinic 

Some of their feedback from last year was I didn’t have enough hands-on experience & science coursework compared to other applicants, so the past year I got a new more hands-on job & took more science classes. They also had advised me to learn more about public health, so I did and improved my essay answers. Also changed 2 of my LOR. Relentless forward progress is key!

Thank you for your feedback, your stats are impressive! Good luck with your interview!!!

• Like 1

first off congrats to those who got interviews, SO exciting! And for those still waiting, your time WILL come! 🙌🏻 

to my fellow low GPAers, I’ve got 3 interviews so far, so pls do NOT get discouraged 💕your grades do not define you. 

For those that are curious: here are my stats. 

cGPA:3.04

sGPA: 3.15

Last 60 GPA: 3.88

PCE: 4,863 as a Field EMT, ER scribe, MA at a URO/GYN pelvic health clinic, and ER technician 

Volunteer: 746 hrs from Multiple sorority positions and local community health non profits

Shadowing: 79 hrs w a primary care Doc in a rural city, primary care/ Urgent care PA, Cardiologist MD outpatient & a another primary care PA 

LORs: 4 total, one from our ER director, our ER lead APP who’s a PA, Urgent care PA who I shadowed quite a bit, and a professor from undergrad. 

-first time applicant

-first generation student 

Edited by BRIB2021
Wanted to put more info
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BRIB2021 said:

first off congrats to those who got interviews, SO exciting! And for those still waiting, your time WILL come! 🙌🏻 

to my fellow low GPAers, I’ve got 3 interviews so far, so pls do NOT get discouraged 💕your grades do not define you. 

For those that are curious: here are my stats. 

cGPA:3.04

sGPA: 3.15

Last 60 GPA: 3.88

PCE: 4,863 as a Field EMT, ER scribe, MA at a URO/GYN pelvic health clinic, and ER technician 

Volunteer: 746 hrs from Multiple sorority positions and local community health non profits

Shadowing: 79 hrs w a primary care Doc in a rural city, primary care/ Urgent care PA, Cardiologist MD outpatient & a another primary care PA 

-first time applicant

-first generation student 

WOW!!! Congratulations. You are GOALS!!! What schools have you gotten interviews to?

Edited by bethepa

Does anyone possibly know why some apps that were submitted earlier took a longer time to upload into Touro's system. I'm seeing some posts that people who submitted 7/20 got their upload/completion email on the 26, but others that applied in June, didn't get their uploaded/completion email till months later.

Thanks in advance! And congrats to everyone that got an interview!

9 minutes ago, knguy110 said:

Does anyone possibly know why some apps that were submitted earlier took a longer time to upload into Touro's system. I'm seeing some posts that people who submitted 7/20 got their upload/completion email on the 26, but others that applied in June, didn't get their uploaded/completion email till months later.

Thanks in advance! And congrats to everyone that got an interview!

I’m not sure, but this was the case in the past 2 years I applied to them as well and it didn’t seem to have much bearing on whether folks got offered interviews/acceptances in the end. Last year I recall quite a few people got ruffled because some apps seemed to be reviewed out of chronological order, but ultimately the people the school wanted to interview got interviewed. So I wouldn’t put too much weight on it. 

I feel like a Touro elder by now, lol. Hope this helps. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, alysd said:

Just got an invitation to interview on 11/4!!! This is my top choice school and 3rd year applying. I am in shock and so ecstatic 😭

Applied 7/20, confirmation & under review 8/19, invitation today 9/15.

Good luck to all still waiting - there are many months of interviews ahead for this program, so don't get discouraged! Last year they continued interviewing all the way through April. 💖

Yay so happy for you! We seemed to apply to a lot of the same schools both this year and last year so I see your name a lot. Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, KLPrePA said:

With all the interviews pouring in, is it too late to apply? 

They operate on a rolling admission basis and said they take people from each time they conduct interviews. I think you could still apply. I know they are still taking applications  through the end of this month and have more interview dates to come if they follow previous timelines. 

18 hours ago, CCLStoPA said:

They operate on a rolling admission basis and said they take people from each time they conduct interviews. I think you could still apply. I know they are still taking applications  through the end of this month and have more interview dates to come if they follow previous timelines. 

I applied 6/18 and received a confirmation from Touro that my file is "complete and eligible for committee review" on 8/18. Is it not looking too great if I haven't heard anything thus far? Hoping the later application deadline for this program might mean I could still be in the running.. 🤞

8 minutes ago, vboura said:

I applied 6/18 and received a confirmation from Touro that my file is "complete and eligible for committee review" on 8/18. Is it not looking too great if I haven't heard anything thus far? Hoping the later application deadline for this program might mean I could still be in the running.. 🤞

Last year they sent interview invites sporadically all the way through fall and winter, even into March. Their interview process is really stretched out. Hang in there! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, ttimsit said:

also got an interview invite for 11/4!! feeling super excited as this is my first ever interview invite 🙂

applied 6/15, confirmed 8/6 and received the invite today 9/15

would love to connect with anyone else who's interviewing 11/4!!

good luck to everyone else still waiting, all it takes is one school!

Congrats! I received an interview invitation today and my date is scheduled for 11/4 as well!

Guest jetrodri

Hello guys,

received  an acceptance call on 10/8!!! Waiting on official mail sent to my address. Good luck to everyone and just be yourself!!

Edited by jetrodri