Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

6 minutes ago, PrePAFirstTimeApp said:

I got that email too! No interview invite yet, but first students are invited to complete a supplemental app before moving forward

They're not doing supplemental applications anymore. They made the switch this year to add the questions to CASPA instead.

I like it! One less step to the process. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, negarmohaveri said:

I have received an email that my file is now complete and eligible for committee review.  Is anyone received interview invitation? Cross my fingers for all of you 🤞

Last year I believe their first interview invites went out in October. It's possible this year it may be a bit earlier since there's no supplemental application anymore 🙂  but it's common with them to not get invites until mid August at the earliest, and even into next Spring at the latest. 

• Like 1

Tha

2 hours ago, alysd said:

Last year I believe their first interview invites went out in October. It's possible this year it may be a bit earlier since there's no supplemental application anymore 🙂  but it's common with them to not get invites until mid August at the earliest, and even into next Spring at the latest. 

Thank you for your updates:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alysd said:

They're not doing supplemental applications anymore. They made the switch this year to add the questions to CASPA instead.

I like it! One less step to the process. 

Oh really?! That would be so nice, the supplemental app took me so long to write hahaha. Do you know what it means in the confirmation email that students will be notified if they are able to submit a secondary application? I don't quite know what that entails 😕

1 hour ago, PrePAFirstTimeApp said:

Oh really?! That would be so nice, the supplemental app took me so long to write hahaha. Do you know what it means in the confirmation email that students will be notified if they are able to submit a secondary application? I don't quite know what that entails 😕

No, I don’t know! Maybe they just kept the same email script as previous years, or that’s referring to something else. On the website and in webinars they said that there’s no longer a supplemental app this year. The same short essay questions that it used to contain are now what we completed on CASPA 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alysd said:

No, I don’t know! Maybe they just kept the same email script as previous years, or that’s referring to something else. On the website and in webinars they said that there’s no longer a supplemental app this year. The same short essay questions that it used to contain are now what we completed on CASPA 

Ok, thank you! I'll let everyone know if I receive any emails with additional info 🙂

On 7/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, alysd said:

I literally just made a bullet list of all the specialties of PAs I’ve worked with / volunteered with / shadowed, type of environment, and # of hours for each. The list itself took up my 100 words. 

The question says "other than those already listed on your application..." though, and I'm sure you listed those in your experiences. I am really unsure how to answer this question, because why wouldn't someone list those experiences that involve a PA in their application? Unless that section is more for updates?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:04 PM, alysd said:

Just spoke with Naisha; she confirmed that we can just use the same COVID essay, they do not expect us to write something separate. Said they’ve been getting this question a lot (understandably!)

How can we use the same COVID essay if there are significantly fewer characters allowed? Also, if we aren't expected to write something separate, do we leave it blank? There are so many interpretations to the answer she provided.

3 hours ago, Darkside990 said:

How can we use the same COVID essay if there are significantly fewer characters allowed? Also, if we aren't expected to write something separate, do we leave it blank? There are so many interpretations to the answer she provided.

I kept as much important content as I could, and whittled it down until it fit. I agree it is a little confusing, but, just did my best as I'm sure most folks did as well. 

4 hours ago, Darkside990 said:

The question says "other than those already listed on your application..." though, and I'm sure you listed those in your experiences. I am really unsure how to answer this question, because why wouldn't someone list those experiences that involve a PA in their application? Unless that section is more for updates?

Could always just email them to ask if you're unsure. Naisha is very helpful. I answered it in the way that made the most sense for me based on the rest of my application, so I don't know if that would be applicable to everyone. 

On 7/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, alysd said:

Could always just email them to ask if you're unsure. Naisha is very helpful. I answered it in the way that made the most sense for me based on the rest of my application, so I don't know if that would be applicable to everyone. 

I more or less plan to incorporate a combination of methods that I've seen here as there does not seem to be a specific right or wrong answer. I hope I didn't come across as hostile, I was only genuinely confused! My apologies, and thanks for the help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, dqmalone17 said:

Has anyone received any updates since the "Applicant File Complete" email?? 

Reapplicant here - you probably won’t hear anything else for quite a while. Touro does interview invites anywhere between September/October and next spring. I’ve never seen them reach out earlier than that. They move pretty slow compared to most PA schools. At a recent webinar they told me to not be surprised if I don’t hear anything for 2-3 months. Hang in there 👍🏼

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, mmjpa said:

I applied pretty early and still have not received a notification of completion email. Anyone else running into this problem? I am thinking I might call soon. Any recommendations? 

It seems like theses "notification" e-mails are just now being sent out. You may be receiving one very shortly. If you have any worries, I'd just give them a call. I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck during this cycle @mmjpa

- Jake

hey folks! just wanted to update that i got an email from Touro who received my app 8/6. i submitted 6/26 so to those waiting on the email, keep being patient! 🙏🏽 

on another note, i got an auto-rejection the same day saying i didn’t meet the minimum requirements. i double checked & i do, & received a supplemental last year (am a reapplicant) so i must have met them last year. i’m hoping this is a mistake and emailed Naisha for clarification, but wanted to ask you guys if anyone has had that happen to them before. ty!

On 8/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, Jake408 said:

It seems like theses "notification" e-mails are just now being sent out. You may be receiving one very shortly. If you have any worries, I'd just give them a call. I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck during this cycle @mmjpa

- Jake

I just received my confirmation email August 6th. Thank you for your response and best of luck to you as well!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, hanibans said:

hey folks! just wanted to update that i got an email from Touro who received my app 8/6. i submitted 6/26 so to those waiting on the email, keep being patient! 🙏🏽 

on another note, i got an auto-rejection the same day saying i didn’t meet the minimum requirements. i double checked & i do, & received a supplemental last year (am a reapplicant) so i must have met them last year. i’m hoping this is a mistake and emailed Naisha for clarification, but wanted to ask you guys if anyone has had that happen to them before. ty!

I am in a similar situation. I received rejection saying I didn't meet the requirements. I emailed them back asking what in my application was lacking. They said I was missing a perquisite that I took, so I sent them the course description of the class that meets that requirement. Have you heard anything back yet? I sent them the course description on 08/05 and haven't gotten a response yet.

Hi everyone,

Just curious for those who already submitted their applications. With the supplemental questions, it mentions that there is a 350 word limit for main essays. However, on CASPA, when inputting your responses in the text box there was also a character limit of 1750 characters. Unfortunately, my essays got cut short because of this and I wanted to know if anyone ran into this issue or just created shorter responses?

I emailed the admissions team to see what they think, but I hope to get a response from an applicant as well.

Thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, NigelD3 said:

Hi everyone,

Just curious for those who already submitted their applications. With the supplemental questions, it mentions that there is a 350 word limit for main essays. However, on CASPA, when inputting your responses in the text box there was also a character limit of 1750 characters. Unfortunately, my essays got cut short because of this and I wanted to know if anyone ran into this issue or just created shorter responses?

I emailed the admissions team to see what they think, but I hope to get a response from an applicant as well.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah that happened to me too. I had to trim my answers down to fit. If you hear anything back regarding this please let us know! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alysd said:

Yeah that happened to me too. I had to trim my answers down to fit. If you hear anything back regarding this please let us know! 

Did you just end up submitting with your shorter responses then? Hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm getting anxious not being able to submit yet haha

5 hours ago, NigelD3 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I had to trim my CASPA answer significantly to meet the 350 word limit. It was pretty tough. Best of luck to you @NigelD3

- Jake