Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

34 minutes ago, tomyom said:

For those who have been accepted, what was your GPA and GRE score as well as your PCE, volunteering and shadowing hours?

Hey there - here’s mine but please don’t get too hung up on stats! Touro considers the whole person.

Overall GPA 3.09

Science GPA 3.66

volunteering  ~800 hours

PCE ~4,000, HCE ~1,000

PA shadowing 44, + a lot of MD shadowing 

Touro doesn’t consider GRE scores. Mine was 314 tho. 

Hope everyone had a happy New Year 🎉

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are well. Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted. Just an update for everyone, Touro will likely be conducting interviews until March when they have selected their full class. However, waitlist acceptances will be rolling as people continue deciding on their acceptances. So don't be discouraged and wishing you all the best of luck in your PA journey. I will continue checking in periodically to answer questions or provide updates as I receive them. 

Here are my stats for anyone interested: 

Undergrad GPA: 3.5 (Psychology, BA)

Prior experience before switching to PA: Substitute teaching, After School Program Leader, Mental Health Counseling 

Healthcare Experience: EMT ~3,400 hours

I also worked as an instructor and field training officer, which demonstrated leadership experience

Overall Science GPA: 3.58 (I started taking prerequisites shortly after graduating from Undergrad)

GRE: 318

PA Shadowing: 18 hours

However, the university accepts a wide range of students from varying backgrounds. Do your best to express on your application the experiences and hard work that you've contributed to get this far on your journey! 

18 hours ago, TouroCaliPA said:

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are well. Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted. Just an update for everyone, Touro will likely be conducting interviews until March when they have selected their full class. However, waitlist acceptances will be rolling as people continue deciding on their acceptances. So don't be discouraged and wishing you all the best of luck in your PA journey. I will continue checking in periodically to answer questions or provide updates as I receive them. 

The email from January 10th from Office of Admissions noted, "[...] we anticipate that interviews will continue through April and possibly into May." >>> Has that been revised because more acceptances have been given out sooner than expected?

20 hours ago, TheSomedayPA said:

The email from January 10th from Office of Admissions noted, "[...] we anticipate that interviews will continue through April and possibly into May." >>> Has that been revised because more acceptances have been given out sooner than expected?

I'll have to follow up on that to double check, but I was recently told that they'll probably have a  a full class after interviews in March and will begin looking on the waitlist after that. However, last year we did conduct interviews into May but that was also coupled with delays due to COVID. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, TouroCaliPA said:

I'll have to follow up on that to double check, but I was recently told that they'll probably have a  a full class after interviews in March and will begin looking on the waitlist after that. However, last year we did conduct interviews into May but that was also coupled with delays due to COVID. 

How does TUC conduct waitlist? 

1 hour ago, Andreaprepa said:

Does anyone know how many spots are left and how long it takes to hear back after interviewing? Thanks!

I heard back 8 days post interview. 

Not sure re: seats remaining, but there are 27 people in the Facebook group. I’m sure not everyone uses social media, but I imagine there are still some seats to be filled. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, pancake1212 said:

Does anyone happen to know if they are still conducting interviews? 

They are, but I'm not sure until when. I was invited to interview on March 22 (received email on March 2). Per an e-mail from Admissions on January 10, they said "[...] we anticipate that interviews will continue through April and possibly into May." If it helps to know, my good girl friend who's about to graduate in June interviewed in late April back in 2019.
*** Crossing my fingers for you *** 💛

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/12/2022 at 5:19 PM, TheSomedayPA said:

They are, but I'm not sure until when. I was invited to interview on March 22 (received email on March 2). Per an e-mail from Admissions on January 10, they said "[...] we anticipate that interviews will continue through April and possibly into May." If it helps to know, my good girl friend who's about to graduate in June interviewed in late April back in 2019.
*** Crossing my fingers for you *** 💛

this gave me hope, thank you ❤️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 3:18 PM, futurenephPAS said:

I received an interview invite for 3/31 and confirmed. However, I still haven’t gotten an email on interview instructions… has this happened to anyone? 

I hope your interview went well! Out of curiosity, when did you receive the email to interview for 3/31? 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, onmywaytobeapa said:

Has anyone received a denial from Touro? Just curious as I applied in early June 2021 and haven't had any corresponeance in a while! Thanks in advance 🙂

They just had their final interview on 3/31 so I would say they should start sending out formal “we regret to inform you…” emails in the next couple weeks most likely. 😬