Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

Last Friday (8/13), I received an e-mail from Touro stating:

"All required materials for your Joint MSPAS/MPH applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review.  Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified via email.  Typically, invitations to interview may be sent at any time between now and the end of April."

We'll see if I'm fortunate enough to land an interview. Anyone else get this same e-mail?

- Jake

19 hours ago, NigelD3 said:

Did you just end up submitting with your shorter responses then? Hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm getting anxious not being able to submit yet haha

I did. I just wanted to get my app in, so I made it work. But I'd still like to hear what they say!

In the past these questions were all part of a separate supplemental application that you submitted as a document to them via email, so I think they just carried over their past prompts and word limits even though now in CASPA it doesn't translate the same due to character limit.

Received confirmation of receipt of application today 8/19, then a few hours later another email stating that my app file was complete and being passed to committee review. Says that interview invitations could go out anytime between now through April 2022.

I submitted 7/20, if that helps anyone. They're moving through apps! Good luck everyone!

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 8:22 PM, Jake408 said:

Last Friday (8/13), I received an e-mail from Touro stating:

"All required materials for your Joint MSPAS/MPH applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review.  Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified via email.  Typically, invitations to interview may be sent at any time between now and the end of April."

We'll see if I'm fortunate enough to land an interview. Anyone else get this same e-mail?

- Jake

I got the same email on the same day as you! Good to know there's others at the same point in the process. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I need some clarification: I submitted my app on 7/1 and the "CASPA application received" email says I will hear more correspondence from their office if I need to submit a secondary app or not. I want to confirm there is no secondary, right? And I see people have been receiving confirmation emails that their apps are being reviewed, I haven't received one yet so hoping I didn't miss anything!   

29 minutes ago, TayyPrePA said:

Hello everyone! I need some clarification: I submitted my app on 7/1 and the "CASPA application received" email says I will hear more correspondence from their office if I need to submit a secondary app or not. I want to confirm there is no secondary, right? And I see people have been receiving confirmation emails that their apps are being reviewed, I haven't received one yet so hoping I didn't miss anything!   

I think they may have just kept the same email wording from previous years! This is the first year they’re including the secondary app questions in CASPA itself. I’m a reapplicant here and can say that Touro often moves pretty slowly (it’s not unusual to get interview invites as late as March), so don’t be too worried if you don’t hear from them for a while 🙂 

• Like 2

Rejected 8/20/21. I was pretty confused as to why I was rejected so quickly, but I took another look at their prerequisites and realized that they consider my physiology course expired... I'm kinda bummed I didn't pick up on that before applying, but best of luck to other applicants! It sounds like they are actively reviewing applications. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRIB2021 said:

GOD is good!!!!

I received an interview today for 10/5. Sooooo excited, as California is my home state. 🙂 

Also, they said interviews are going to be conducted Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Hope that helps! 

34 minutes ago, Pescadito20 said:

Received an interview today for 10/5. First time applicant and first interview invitation, best of luck to everybody.

Awesome news! Good luck!

Would you mind sharing what date you applied, and when you received confirmation email from Touro?

On 8/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Capricorn said:

I am in a similar situation. I received rejection saying I didn't meet the requirements. I emailed them back asking what in my application was lacking. They said I was missing a perquisite that I took, so I sent them the course description of the class that meets that requirement. Have you heard anything back yet? I sent them the course description on 08/05 and haven't gotten a response yet.

hey! sorry for not getting back earlier! It was the same issue for me. i also sent her my courses that meet the requirements. Naisha replied saying she'll forward my courses to to the admissions team, and that was 8/16. have not heard back since 😞

23 hours ago, AKhai said:

Has anyone received an interview date for Thursday November 4th? The email said Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and I tried to confirm with Ms. Bible but just got an email stating that my date was confirmed.

Submitted 7/1

File completed email 8/10

Interview invite 9/10

Has anyone received an interview date for Thursday November 4th? The email said Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and I tried to confirm with Ms. Bible but just got an email stating that my date was confirmed.

Submitted 7/1

Interview invite 9/10

Submitted 7/1

Interview invite 9/10

Congratulations! If you don’t mind, would you share your status please?

Just got an invitation to interview on 11/4!!! This is my top choice school and 3rd year applying. I am in shock and so ecstatic 😭

Applied 7/20, confirmation & under review 8/19, invitation today 9/15.

Good luck to all still waiting - there are many months of interviews ahead for this program, so don't get discouraged! Last year they continued interviewing all the way through April. 💖

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, alysd said:

Just got an invitation to interview on 11/4!!! This is my top choice school and 3rd year applying. I am in shock and so ecstatic 😭

Applied 7/20, confirmation & under review 8/19, invitation today 9/15.

Good luck to all still waiting - there are many months of interviews ahead for this program, so don't get discouraged! Last year they continued interviewing all the way through April. 💖

Congratulations! So happy for you! I admire all your hard work, dedication and perseverance. Best of luck on the interview @alysd

- Jake

also got an interview invite for 11/4!! feeling super excited as this is my first ever interview invite 🙂

applied 6/15, confirmed 8/6 and received the invite today 9/15

would love to connect with anyone else who's interviewing 11/4!!

good luck to everyone else still waiting, all it takes is one school!

• Like 4

Just now, ttimsit said:

also got an interview invite for 11/4!! feeling super excited as this is my first ever interview invite 🙂

applied 6/15, confirmed 8/6 and received the invite today 9/15

would love to connect with anyone else who's interviewing 11/4!!

good luck to everyone else still waiting, all it takes is one school!

Oh wow. The interview invites are pouring in this morning. Congratulations and good luck on the interview!

- Jake