Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 5:12 AM, vanessavarbanova said:

Are we supposed to write a different essay on the impact of COVID? Unsure why they included that in their questions

Just spoke with Naisha; she confirmed that we can just use the same COVID essay, they do not expect us to write something separate. Said they’ve been getting this question a lot (understandably!)

10 minutes ago, negarmohaveri said:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if any of you guys apply this year and have received the email confirmation?

So just heads up from my experience from previous cycles is that they typically do not send a confirmation until when the admissions committee is actually beginning to review your application.

2019 I submitted in late July and got 'application received' email in mid November.

2020 I submitted in mid July and got 'application received' email in January 2021.

Since you're submitting earlier I bet the wait won't be quite as long as mine was.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, alysd said:

So just heads up from my experience from previous cycles is that they typically do not send a confirmation until when the admissions committee is actually beginning to review your application.

2019 I submitted in late July and got 'application received' email in mid November.

2020 I submitted in mid July and got 'application received' email in January 2021.

Since you're submitting earlier I bet the wait won't be quite as long as mine was.

Thank you Alysd. Also do you know how many hours of patient care is competitive?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sarahrod said:

I just got an email sayin that they have received my application and that their review process is going to take another 14-21 business days! Good luck everyone

When did you apply? Trying to see how long it’s taking for an email confirmation. Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

I applied 6/19, CASPA verified 6/19. I still haven't received an e-mail from Touro confirming my application was received. 

- Jake

Same here. Others who applied a month before us just now received an email. So I’m thinking we will be getting on the beginning of next month. Best of Luck!

-Andrea

1 minute ago, Andrea95 said:

Same here. Others who applied a month before us just now received an email. So I’m thinking we will be getting on the beginning of next month. Best of Luck!

-Andrea

Thanks for the additional info Andrea. I wish you the best of luck as well 🤞

- Jake

Hi All, 

Does anyone know how to answer this question? 

Other than those already listed in your application, please list your specific experiences working with a physician assistant. Include the clinical setting, field of medicine, the role you played (e.g., shadower, colleague, tec.), and the approximate number of hours. Your response should be limited to 100 words or less.

35 minutes ago, Chanels1123 said:

Hi All, 

Other than those already listed in your application, please list your specific experiences working with a physician assistant. Include the clinical setting, field of medicine, the role you played (e.g., shadower, colleague, tec.), and the approximate number of hours. Your response should be limited to 100 words or less.

For me, I specifically focused on the situations I worked hand in hand with Physician Assistants. I worked as a Firefighter/Paramedic for many years so I highlight my time working with PA's, RN's, NP's and Physician in the ER. They only give you 100 words to write a response so its literally like 3-4 sentences max. The response is very brief. I hope that helps @Chanels1123

Anyone do anything different? 

- Jake

54 minutes ago, Chanels1123 said:

Hi All, 

I literally just made a bullet list of all the specialties of PAs I’ve worked with / volunteered with / shadowed, type of environment, and # of hours for each. The list itself took up my 100 words. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, negarmohaveri said:

I have received an email that my file is now complete and eligible for committee review.  Is anyone received interview invitation? Cross my fingers for all of you 🤞

Congratulations! I haven’t received any email like that yet. I hope things change soon. Please keep us updated. Good luck!