Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

15 hours ago, StrawberryPA said:

How did y’all’s interview go everyone? 👏🏾

This was only my second PA school interview ever but I think it went well. The first one was also a long day and MMI format so I had an idea of what to anticipate. Overall I was surprisingly not as stressed. I think I botched like two of my MMI answers so we'll see 😅

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Capricorn said:

Are they only calling? I have a bad habit of ignoring numbers I don't recognize 😅

If it helps, I received my acceptance call on the Friday of the next week following my interview. Although I’ve heard if you miss the call, they will leave a voicemail as well. Be on the look out for an 805 area code and wishing everyone the best of luck! Area code for Vallejo is also 707. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Got an acceptance call at 12pm today. I’m absolutely ecstatic. Did not expect any word from them on a weekend, so it came as a shock.

3rd time applicant, low GPA, rocky personal history that they were willing to look past. Keep the faith. 

Can’t wait to meet my future classmates ❣️
btw, it was from a ‘No Caller ID number. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone. Congrats to those who have received interviews/acceptances! My interview is this Thursday 11/18. Does anyone have any tips to prepare? I’ve been practicing for months and Touro has always been my dream school. Anything helps. Also my understanding is that there are small and large group interviews as well?

1 minute ago, Capricorn said:

Got my acceptance call today! Never would've thought I'd be able to type that out. I wish I hadn't just submitted a deposit for another school to meet their deadline yesterday though lol. Oh well, I've got a tough choice to make now

Congrats!! That’s tough, Rosalind Franklin is a good program too

1 hour ago, OmeOllin said:

Hi everyone. Congrats to those who have received interviews/acceptances! My interview is this Thursday 11/18. Does anyone have any tips to prepare? I’ve been practicing for months and Touro has always been my dream school. Anything helps. Also my understanding is that there are small and large group interviews as well?

You’ll get an agenda soon with a schedule of the day, which will help. I’d say be sure to practice out loud with another person, but it sounds like you have been practicing, so that’s great. There’s a mixed bag of different formats throughout the day; just stay calm and do your best. Don’t forget about the public health aspect of the program in addition to PA. That’s prob all that can be said while remaining fair to all candidates. If you’ve prepared and practiced I’m sure you’ll do fine 🙂