Touro California 2021-2022 cycle

15 minutes ago, Moshie said:

Received an interview invite yesterday morning for 11/4! So excited and nervous! Right when I was losing hope as this is my second time applying and very first interview😊

So happy for you!!

When did you apply? I applied 6/18 and verified 8/18, so just trying to figure out my chances 🙃

19 hours ago, vboura said:

So happy for you!!

When did you apply? I applied 6/18 and verified 8/18, so just trying to figure out my chances 🙃

Thank you so much! 

I sent my app on 7/12 and they sent me a confirmation email that they had received everything on 8/19. I’m sure you will hear from them soon! Keeping fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moshie said:

Thank you so much! 

I sent my app on 7/12 and they sent me a confirmation email that they had received everything on 8/19. I’m sure you will hear from them soon! Keeping fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

I submitted CASPA app on 7/31/2021

CASPA application was received and reviewed on 8/19/2021

Application became eligible for committee review on 9/23/2021

Second time applicant here so my fingers are crossed! 

Hey everyone, 

I am a current PA student at Touro University California. I wanted to wish everyone the best of luck  in the application process this cycle. With exams and heavy load of PA coursework, I will be checking this page periodically to answer any questions that I can. Apologies in advance if there is any delay in responses, I will try my best!

The season of interviews have begun and they are being held virtually on a rolling basis. Interviews are conducted in an MMI format. Best of luck to all, looking forward to meeting the future class of 2025! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alysd said:

Hey all! Does anyone who’s interviewing next week 11/4 want to do a little virtual meetup before? Might help calm the nerves a bit to chat and get to know each other. Was thinking maybe Monday or Wednesday evening. Let me know! 

I was literally just about to ask the same thing hehe! I am definitely interested in doing this 🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:54 PM, StrawberryPA said:

Does anyone know how many students are typically interviewed per session/overall? Good luck to everyone interviewing!! 

I don't recall the exact number of students from my interview, but I would say there's about 12-20 interviewers per session? We hold multiple interviews throughout the year, once or twice a month, and keep to smaller groups so the faculty can get to know you on a more personal level.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TouroCaliPA said:

I don't recall the exact number of students from my interview, but I would say there's about 12-20 interviewers per session? We hold multiple interviews throughout the year, once or twice a month, and keep to smaller groups so the faculty can get to know you on a more personal level.

Do recall how the interview went? I have mine next week and haven't received any further info since the interview confirmation email.

4 minutes ago, Capricorn said:

Do recall how the interview went? I have mine next week and haven't received any further info since the interview confirmation email.

The confirmation email said this:

The joint MSPAS/MPH program utilizes the multiple mini interview (MMI) format.  Your interview day will include a mix of  presentations, interviews, and small and large group interactions.  Several short breaks and a lunch break will be included. “

It’s from 7:45am to 4pm PST. The zoom link to login is in the confirmation email. 

1 hour ago, Capricorn said:

Pretty much as @alysd mentioned above. The interview will take most of the day and be in MMI format. You have the opportunity to meet with different faculty and students as well. You get the opportunity to get to know the program as we get to know you, so come with questions! Other than that, just be yourself and evaluate if you see yourself as a fit with our program. Our program is a dual degree program which requires enrollment in both the MSPAS and MPH, which accounts for the 33 months, so take that into consideration. 

Edited by TouroCaliPA
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Andrea95 said:

Got an interview invite yesterday for 11/04. Can’t wait to meet you guys! 😊

That's awesome!!

For anyone interviewing who'd like to "get together" for a quick chat the night before:

Alys D is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Touro 11/4 interview crew
Time: Nov 3, 2021 08:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71734570664?pwd=LzZ6MFE0cmpabUJORzhLV3dxRHhqQT09

Meeting ID: 717 3457 0664
Passcode: vallejo

Would love to meet some of you ahead of time!

• Like 5

Hi everyone! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back and congratulations to those who have gotten accepted! 

I was invited to interview on 11/4 on 10/29. Caspa App received 08/6 and file completed 08/18. 

Please feel free to reach out via messaging if you'd like to talk before hand and get some of the interview jitters out!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:31 AM, alysd said:

That's awesome!!

For anyone interviewing who'd like to "get together" for a quick chat the night before:

Alys D is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Touro 11/4 interview crew
Time: Nov 3, 2021 08:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71734570664?pwd=LzZ6MFE0cmpabUJORzhLV3dxRHhqQT09

Meeting ID: 717 3457 0664
Passcode: vallejo

Would love to meet some of you ahead of time!

i'll join tomorrow as well 😄

• Like 1