Does anyone know how long it's been taking CASPA to process apps?

I know it can take up to 4 weeks but I have been waiting for an online university's transcript to show up on CASPA. I didn't expect it to take three weeks for a transcript to be mailed because all my others have been there since the beginning of July. I am getting nervous because some of the deadlines are September 1st for the programs I'm applying to and I was hoping someone knew how long it's been taking CASPA to finish processing after they receive everything.

It's taking 2-3 weeks, currently. I submitted mine of July 18, and today it states that they just began processing ones from July 12. At a rate of 1 submission date per business day, with none being processed on the weekends, I anticipate mine to be verified sometime next week. I would contact CASPA about your transcript, did you receive confirmation from your school that it had been sent? I usually get email or text alerts when my transcript requests are fulfilled. I know that if you took classes at a university that had multiple campuses, and you took classes at various campuses, not all of the campuses would be marked as received on CASPA until you submit it, even though they had the transcript.

Thank you for letting me know. I submitted it before the transcripts were received. The school is saying they mailed it on the 17th and CASPA is saying it may take 7-10 business days to show up as received. The school claimed it took them almost two weeks to receive the request, then couldn't process it because it was Friday and mailed it on a Tuesday. It seemed ridiculous that my other transcripts were processed, mailed and showed CASPA received them several days before this one school even received my request that I sent on the same day, but I don't have control over that. I just wish I had requested it months ago. Two of the programs I applied to have the September 1st deadline defined as "Verified by CASPA" which is why I'm a little worried, but if it only takes 3 weeks I should be fine. I just hate being that close to a deadline.

I just checked my CASPA and it says "Complete date currently being verified: 07/16/12". Yet yesterday it said the 13th, so I guess it depends on how many people actually submitted theirs each day. Hopefully it continues with this fast pace though! You should be fine for your September 1st deadline, especially if you don't have to complete any supplemental apps after CASPA is actually verified. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with someone a few days ago who said it is only taking about 4 days to process currently, but then I don't know why it takes 10+ business days to process a transcript IF they have it. I'm STILL waiting on a transcript I requested at the beginning of July to show up and had to send an express envelope through express mail to the school in case it didn't show up because I have no idea at this point. If I had predicted this obstacle I wouldn't have added schools with Sep 1st verified/completed deadlines until everything was completed, which is what I would suggest for you. You can always add a Sep 1st deadline once your app is processed, but you can't remove one you've already paid for.

Thank you all for the responses. I'm still freaking out though because my transcript is still not showing up at CASPA. I sent the school a pre-paid and addressed express mail envelope (through another express mail envelope) and I'm starting to think it's all on the school. Apparently only one person there deals with transcripts and every time I call she isn't in her office. I've already paid a total of $80 just trying to get this one transcript into CASPA and I am incredibly frustrated, but I do appreciate you all giving me some hope.

kurosuto: I've spoken with CASPA several times and apparently because it is a non-listed US institution it has to be sent to a managers desk and they have to sign off on it. Regardless, it should have been on her desk within 10 business days and it wasn't. I've now requested 3 transcripts total from the same school and will likely miss several deadlines for programs I've already paid for because of this. But you are right, it shouldn't take nearly as long as it has so something is going wrong and is completely out of my control.

• 3 weeks later...

wrestler133: Deadline definitions vary. Some require submitted status (which you have now), some complete (all documents received and waiting for verification) and others require verified status. You can find the definition used by the program you are applying to by clicking on the school in CASPA. I hope it just needs to be submitted. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived